MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Scope of work - range of responsibilities):
1. Monthly, quarterly & yearend tax accounting & reporting for income taxes in compliance with GAAP and IFRS
accounting requirements (including SEC reporting)
2. Monthly, quarterly and annual tax compliance requirements for federal, state & local income, capital, and
3. Oversight and execution of SOX controls for quarterly and annual US GAAP reporting
4. Continuously improve reporting and compliance processes and responsible for internal controls over these
5. Support income tax accounting research for new GAAP and IFRS accounting guidance, new business
transactions, etc. and prepare associated documentation memos.
6. Support data requests and other requirements of external audit firm related to quarterly and annual tax
accounting disclosures and controls
7. Support Consolidation & Assessment of ETR for Budget & Forecasts, Uncertain Tax Positions, Valuation
Allowance, unitary taxes and Tax Allocation Agreement
Education & Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of six years relevant experience required. Masters in Taxation, Law Degree
and/or CPA preferred
• Experience in the energy or highly regulated business preferred
• Good Communication, writing and Analytical Skills
• Knowledge of SEC Tax Reporting Requirements
• Knowledge of Income Tax Accounting Requirements Under GAAP & IFRS
• Strong Tax Technical & Computer Skills
• Ability to train other individuals
• Ability to identify issues and develop solutions
• Understanding of Corporate Tax Accounting and Reporting requirements
This opportunity will offer
AVANGRID is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. AVANGRID shall abide by the requirements of
41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified
individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination
against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to
employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or national origin, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local
law. The Company is committed to a policy in all of its employment practices of equal opportunity without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, religion, marital status,
veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to
apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at
877-387-9061 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is available for the AVANGRID employee referral program. Terms and conditions apply.