12 Hour Day or Night Shifts: 36 - 48 hours guaranteed per week / Flexible 8 or 12 WEEK contracts
We need travelers to start by 9/01/20 at the latest !!!!!
NM license or compact nursing license. Epic experience is a huge plus.
INTENSIVE CARE UNIT NURSES
2 YEAR nursing experience --
Specific critical care nurse nurse duties and responsibilities can include:
- Monitor exact, detailed reports and records of critical CCU patient.
- Monitor and record symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions and inform to physician.
- Order, interpret and evaluate diagnostics tests to identify and assess patient’s condition.
- Carefully observe and document patient medical information’s and vital signs.
- Document patients’ medical histories and assessment findings.
- Document patients’ treatment plans, interventions, outcomes, or plan revisions.
- Consult and coordinate with health care team members about whole patient care plans.
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patient’s response and conditions.
- Monitor the critical patients for changes in status and indications of conditions such as sepsis or shock and institute appropriate interventions.
- Administering intravenous fluids and medications as per doctor order.
- Monitor patients’ fluid intake and output to detect emerging problems such as fluid and electrolyte imbalances.
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
- Identify patients who are at risk of complications due to nutritional status.
- Direct and supervise less skilled nursing/health care personnel, or supervise a particular unit on one shift to patient’s response and conditions.
- Treating wounds and providing advanced life support.
- Assist physicians with procedures such as bronchoscopy, endoscopy, endotracheal intubation, and elective cardio version.
- Ensuring that ventilator, monitors and other types of medical equipment function properly.
- Ensure that equipment or devices are properly stored after use.
- Identify malfunctioning equipment or devices.
- Collaborating with fellow members of the critical care team.
- Responding to life-saving situations, using nursing standards and protocols for treatment.
- Critical care nurses may also care for pre- and post-operative patients when those patients require CCU care.
- In addition, some act as manager and policy makers, while others perform administrative duties.
- Assess patients’ pain levels and sedation requirements.
- Prioritize nursing care for assigned critically ill patients based on assessment data and identified needs.
- Assess family adaptation levels and coping skills to determine whether intervention is needed.
- Acting as patient advocate.
- Providing education and support to patient families.
- CCU nurse should be able to draw ABG Blood and interpret report correctly.
- CCU nurse should have enough knowledge about GCS (Glasgow Coma Scale) and also evaluation capacity of patient condition.
INTENSIVE CARE UNIT Registered Nurse Requirements:
- Current NM RN license OR COMPACT LICENSE
- Current BLS and/or CPR certification from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $60.00 per hour
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $2,500.00 - $2,725.00 per week
- 12 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- NM or compact Nursing (Required)
- ACLS (Required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Preferred)
- BLS for Healthcare Providers (Required)