The North America Immigration Onsite Reviewer will be responsible for:
- Timely drafting and filing of amendment, Cap exempt, Extension and Port (H-1b classification) petitions. responsible for preparing RFE responses from end to end within the constructs of the shifting USCIS landscape.
- Review the amendment, Cap exempt, Extension and Port petitions drafted by the team members to ensure Quality petitions.
- Ensure that the petitions are filed with the USCIS as per the set timelines.
- Response to employee / business queries within 24 hours with accurate information.
- Supporting the team members in implementing the immigration changes to process.
- Monitoring the SLA’s as per the agreed norms.
- Collaboration with Immigration legal team as and when required.
- Regular communication with Immigration legal team to understand the immigration requirement changes in acts / regulatory requirements and updating the SOP document accordingly and communicate the requirements to business on need basis.
- Update and track visa status for all the assignees whose cases ae allocated for workings.
- Update the case status in the immigration tool as per the process.
- Providing status updates to employees & business managers at frequent intervals.
Minimum Education Level:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of US immigration experience as paralegal or in lead role in a fast-paced and high volume environment.
- Specific experience with RFE analysis, preparation, and evidence identification.
- Strong proficiency with the MS Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent time-management skills, accuracy and attention to detail are essential.
Chicago is a preference but not necessary
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
- 3-5 years experience in a related role
- Demonstrated deep content knowledge in multiple functional areas
- Demonstrated success working with clients and staff to identify issues and develop innovative solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience designing, preparing and/or leading effective meetings with clients
- Experience successfully leading a small team on at least one project that impacted at least one functional area
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.