As the creators of all things food related at swissbakers, the Pastry Chefs are responsible for maintaining the high quality of Swiss food that the company represents. As well as continuing to live the co-entrepreneurial lifestyle we teach one another. The high quality and presentation of the product, maintained by the Pastry Chef is something that heightens the guest's swissbakers experience. At swissbakers our credo is no artificial additives or ingredients, all handmade, and we can tell you that each product you buy was baked that morning. Everything we do is checked on its "grand - child - sustainability".
We offer flexible hours in the pastry department. Early birds can start at 3:00 am- 9:00 am and for the rest 7:00 am - 3:00 pm. It is what is more convenience for you! You choose when to work!
- Mixes and bakes ingredients according to recipes to produce breads, pastries and other baked goods
- Measures flour, sugar, and other ingredients to prepare batters, doughs and fillings. Using scale and graduated containers
- Dumps ingredients into mixing
- Machine bowl or steam kettle to mix or cook ingredients according to specifications
- Rolls, cuts, and shapes dough to form sweet rolls, tarts, cookies and related products preparatory to baking
- Places dough in pans, molds, or on sheets and bakes in oven
- Observes color of products being baked and turns thermostat or other controls to adjust oven temperature
- Applies glaze or other toppings to baked goods, using spatula or brush
- May specialize in baking one type of product, such as breads, rolls, tarts, or cakes
- May decorate cakes
- May develop new recipes for cakes and other baking goods for management approval
- Passionate about your work/food
- Willingness to learn
- Team player
- Upbeat and fun personality
- Can do attitude
- Strong work ethic
MUST HAVE AT LEAST TWO YEARS OF BAKING EXPERIENCE!
- High school or equivalent
Job Type: Full-time
- Pastry Chef: 2 years (Required)
- Allston, MA 02134 (Preferred)