General Description: Saturday Janitorial and overall set up/break down of Sunday Service Social Hour.
- Saturday: Thoroughly Clean Social Hall, Kitchen and Bathrooms.
- Sunday: Social Hour Host Cleans and sets up Social Hall for seating and coffee service. Must be able to train, organize, and delegate tasks to Social Hour Volunteers. Must be able to work all Sundays during the year including Holidays.
- Saturday 9am-1pm - Janitorial. Clean, sweep, mop, and organize kitchen, stock paper products and clean toilets, wipe down bathroom walls, sweep, mop restrooms. Take out garbage and compost. Hose out compost cans, and vacuum Social Hall and Narthax area.
- Sunday 7am-1pm– Vacuum, take out garbage. Set up Social Hall for Social Hour.
- Carry out the complete set up of the Social Hour to include, but not limited to: coffee, tea, cold water, juice, condiments and snacks with appropriate tableware (plates, cups, utensils, and napkins)
- Make Coffee for approximately 50-150 people. Set out coffee mugs
- Set out teacups and all boxes of tea bags on a separate table with a pitcher of cold water, 2 bottles of juice, and plastic water cups.
- Add pitchers of milk, half & half, liquid non-dairy creamer, powdered creamer, Splenda packets and sugar to the coffee and tea tables.
- Put snacks out on the table by the kitchen; include serving utensils, napkins, and silverware as needed. Cut and serve birthday cakes.
- Replenish snacks and supplies as needed throughout the 3-hour period.
- Put on end of snack table a black tray for used coffee mugs. Include an empty pitcher for people to throw away coffee/tea that is in the used mugs.
- Make sure garbage and recycle bins are clearly marked and available in the Social Hall.
- Occasionally place all or partial coffee hour set-up in patio area or room 545 if requested.
- Start refresh and clean-up of all tables and supplies from early service (9:15 – 10:30am). Direct volunteers who will finish the clean-up process for the late service (11am – 12:15pm).
- Must be able to complete electronic time sheet and communicate via email with supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Must be personable and have good communication skills
- Must feel comfortable interacting with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with Social Hour volunteers
- Good time management skills
- Preferred knowledge of how to set up and operate the coffee makers and dish sanitizer. Be able to follow kitchen health and safety regulations regarding washing of dishes, hand washing or swishing cups in hot soapy water to remove food particles, stains, and grease before placing in the dish sanitizer.
- Must be able to interact with others in spoken English
- Must complete Health and Safety Certificate within 7 days of hire.
- Must be able to twist, bend and lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to follow kitchen health and safety regulations
- Must have proof of citizenship
- Must submit to background check and fingerprinting
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- cleaning: 1 year (Preferred)
- Janitorial: 1 year (Preferred)
Overtime often available: