- Under the general direction of the Director of Procurement, the Purchasing Manager is responsible for managing the purchasing activities for an assigned group of Business Owners within Oportun.
- Leads the solicitation and award process for procurement of capital equipment, hard goods and outside services. Includes RFP processes, negotiations, contract review and ongoing vendor management.
- Leads, trains, develops and supervises professional procurement staff and support staff.
- Coordinates and interprets policies, procedures, and applicable laws for centralized purchasing.
- Partners with assigned Business Owners.
- Understands current vendors, the activities they support and contract status.
- Track savings.
- 5+ years’ purchasing experience including contract negotiations and vendor management.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Good leadership skills
- Strong communication, relationship building, presentation and business analysis skills.
- College Degree preferred
Job Type: Full-time