Nordic Ice, formally Temperatsure, is one of the world’s largest suppliers of cold chain products. Our product lines include gel refrigerants and insulated shipping containers used in strategic logistics for the pharmaceutical, specialty food and the meal kits industry. We currently have an opening in our Hatfield, PA facility for a Laboratory/Packaging Technician. The Lab supports and adds value to the company in multiple ways through diverse projects. It provides technical expertise to solve problems and performs studies to generate data used to drive decision making. It is focused on cold chain testing servicing customer needs, as well as, creating value added internal benefits. The Lab also leads new product development efforts and major design & improvement initiatives. So, if you are resourceful and self-motivated individual with a technical mindset and good attention to detail who has a packaging technology or engineering degree plus experience in the packaging technology field this may be the opportunity for you.
- Help set-up and maintain a packaging test facility (with a cold chain focus) to assess and evaluate the performance of the full range of temperature-controlled shipping materials, including refrigerants and shipping containers utilized in the cold chain packaging industry.
- Properly set up and perform thermal package (cold chain) design and qualification studies. Includes documentation, physical execution, and real time data collection. Analyze data & results and complete study reports.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to understand needs, problem solve, and use information to rationalize, design and select the best practical options offering robust and cost-effective solutions that meet project and design criteria.
- New product research & development, packaging design and optimization, and product and process improvement.
- Develop and improve internal lab procedures, templates, standards, and other documents that are clear, have the correct level of detail and are easy to follow.
- Assess and perform industry standard test methods, as well as, custom test methods.
- Assure testing lab, equipment, procedures and training is in compliance with pharmaceutical industry’s cGMP based quality standards, ISTA test lab certification demands and other industry based packaging testing requirements.
- Work with Laboratory Manager to identify, create and implement ways to make the lab run as efficiently as possible, while meeting customer and internal quality expectations.
- Manage projects, organize information, and deliver high quality results in a timely manner.
- Other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or technology-based field. Other technical and/or procedurally oriented fields will be strongly considered.
- Strong technical writing and reading skills, including attention to detail, are essential.
- Previous experience working in a lab setting run on procedures and controlled processes or in other procedurally driven or scientific data-based position requiring regimented data capture and record keeping.
- Familiarity with operation of lab equipment and ability to use lab equipment with support from equipment manuals, suppliers and Lab Manager.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks type 2D or 3D design / simulation software program(s).
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with customers, management and co-workers is essential.
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team.
- Strong computer and Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Quick learner adept at thinking on the fly and proactively applying new learnings and techniques.
We offer a challenging and friendly work environment with good compensation, plus comprehensive benefits package. Some of the benefits include but are not limited to Medical, Dental, 401K and paid-time off. Thank you for your interest in our position and we look forward to hearing from you.
Job Type: Full-time