Doeren Mayhew is seeking a Marketing Content Specialist to join our national marketing team in the firm’s Troy, Michigan headquarters office. We are looking for someone with a flair for creating value-based content, and the ability to translate technical ideas into concise, business-oriented content.
- Develop a working knowledge of the firm’s service offerings, markets, industry experience and key service differentiators to help create content for various deliverables.
- Research, write and edit informational and sales materials in support of Doeren Mayhew’s communication efforts, such as articles, promotional pieces, case studies, whitepapers, press releases, proposals, video scripts and more.
- Work with internal team members to create communications to share news with firm employees.
- Partner with internal design team to ensure high-quality finished products.
- Collaborate with leadership to help develop and distribute thought leadership pieces.
- Ensure accuracy and consistency across all written marketing content.
- Help define a consistent voice and tone for the brand across multiple channels.
- Keep up with best practices in marketing writing, sharing relevant ideas with the team and implementing where appropriate
- Complete other duties, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications or related fields
- 4-5+ years of business writing and/or marketing communications experience
- Exceptional writing skills, with demonstrated ability to create engaging original content, including technical, and edit existing content
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills, and ability to work and interact effectively with stakeholders across all locations
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Thorough understanding of Associated Press style
- General understanding and knowledge of web best practices, such as search engine optimization
- Demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to use excellent judgement, handle confidential information appropriately and display a professional demeanor
- Extremely detail orientated and highly attentive
- Possess creativity and flexibility
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suites a plus
- Accounting or professional service industry experience a plus