Temporary Development Assistant
Barclay Friends’ philanthropy work is primarily supported by two annual fundraising events as well as gifts from foundations and individual donors. We are seeking a Temporary Development Assistant, for a one-year period (January-December 2019) so that we may expand our fundraising efforts during the construction of a new personal care building.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly organized and motivated individual to develop skills in nonprofit development and learn about philanthropy in older adult services.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Support data entry process for pledges and gift acknowledgment and receipting.
- Support staff with logistics associated with special events (including Golf Classic, Secret Gardens, Staff Campaign as well as capital campaign-related events) which may include mailings, marketing information, and preparation of materials for the event.
- Help with clean up of electronic records in database.
- Research foundation and corporate support opportunities.
- Use Microsoft Office products such as Excel and Word to create mail merges and name tags.
- Take minutes for various planning meetings.
- Perform general administrative duties including photocopying, and filing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Be responsible, flexible, hard-working, ethical, and committed to Barclay Friends’ mission
- Possess a high level of organizational skills and be detail oriented
- Have strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Be able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Adobe programs
- Be able to juggle multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality with sensitive information
- College degree or some college courses completed
- Experience with data entry using a relational database program (for example, Donor Perfect or Raiser’s Edge)
- Previous experience in a nonprofit setting helpful
- Understanding of nonprofit events
10 hours per week for a one-year period beginning in January through December 2019 (must be available during summer months of 2019). Flexible schedule required to meet department needs.
$15 per hour
Please email cover letter and resume including two references and a writing sample to Amanda Reynolds, AReynolds@bf.kendal.org. No phone calls please. This position is not eligible for benefits.
Barclay Friends, a 501(c)(3) non-profit Quaker community, was established in 1893 to improve care of the aging in a supportive, homelike, and compassionate atmosphere. Market studies have shown that Barclay Friends, combining excellent medical services with a comfortable and therapeutic environment, is consistently a top choice for long-term care in the West Chester area. With medical science continually improving and best practices changing, Barclay Friends continues to evolve to provide ever better services and facilities to respond to community needs.
Friends become family at Barclay Friends. Why do we do things the way we do? Our Quaker values help to uphold each resident’s independence and dignity, in turn honoring their spirit, humanness and basic rights, a hallmark of our care.