Utility Scale Solar Engineer
Why join us?
We are hiring! We are looking for a Solar Engineer to support in delivering professional design and engineering services throughout all regions within the SNC Lavalin organization. This position could be a Hybrid or Remote work opportunity within the US, or may based in one of our Office locations throughout the US depending on the need.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Provide engineering required for performing design of Utility Scale PV solar plants including tender preparation- evaluation, planning, conceptual & detail engineering.
- Support basic design, construction and commissioning support, budgeting, implementation, and monitoring for successful completion.
- Proven experience in Utility Scale PV plant layouts and optimization.
- Support and prepare Pile GPS location documentation.
- Support design/prepare AC/DC schematics for Collection System.
- Provide commissioning for Utility Scale PV Plants.
What will you contribute?
- Electrical Engineer preferred, with minimum 8+ years of experience; with 5 years’ experience in the designing of Utility Scale PV preferred.
- Strong ACAD skills for plant layouts and cable designs.
- Asset if this engineer has SCADA experience for PV plants.
- Knowledge and experience with PV Solar plants equipment and systems.
- Must have detailed knowledge of PVSyst for determining plant Performance ratio.
- Good working knowledge of Substation design.
- Team player with effective presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and demonstrated sound judgment of technical decisions.
- PE license preferred.
- Willing to travel with no restriction - national and international.
- Systematic thinking, organizational awareness, and willingness to seek and share information.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
· Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
· Competitive salary
· Flexible work schedules
· Group Insurance
· Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Upon acceptance of an offer, all candidates must go through a drug screen test and background check. Atkins is a federal contractor which mandates a satisfactory background screening report and drug test that supersedes state laws.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $98,000.00 - $165,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Remote