What You Will Do
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a Receiving Clerk, this means:
- Being friendly and professional, and responding quickly to customer and associate needs.
- Ensuring merchandise is accurately accounted for, replenished, and prepared for customers.
- Validating that the correct merchandise is being moved in and out of the store when appropriate.
The Receiving Clerk is primarily responsible for successful freight and merchandising fulfillments at Lowe’s locations. This associate processes paperwork for shipments and also physically moves stock as it is delivered. In addition, this associate schedules shipments when necessary and checks the quality and accuracy of orders.
This role does not require regular travel; however, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings, trainings, or to support neighboring stores.
What We're Looking For
- Hourly Full Time or Part Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 or up to 25 hours per week, respectively; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
- Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week.
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
- Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
What You Need To Succeed
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction).
- 1 year of experience processing and filing merchandise receiving paperwork.
- 1 year of experience with store inventory receiving and administration.
- 6 months of experience in warehouse data entry/bookkeeping.
If the state or local municipality requires a salesperson license for this position, you must either be licensed or pass the requisite licensing exam within sixty (60) days of starting employment in this position.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.