Job Summary: Compiles and maintains accounts payable records.
Essential Job Functions
- Matches up all invoices with the purchase order and ensures receipt of product for applicable invoices.
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Properly codes all invoices to appropriate department, site and account.
- Enters invoices into the Great Plains accounting system for payment.
- Prints and obtains signatures on all accounts payable checks.
- Distributes signed checks as required.
- Answers all vendor inquiries.
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets, and account payable files.
- Prepares cleared checks for storage.
- Assists in monthly closings, as needed.
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as needed.
- Performs filing and copying.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Customer service—the individual manages difficult client/customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing
- demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Team Building – the individual is able to work with people in such a manner as to build high
- morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
EDUCATION High School or GED
EXPERIENCE None required
REQUIRED SKILLS Speak English or Bilingual
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: