Medical Laboratory Technician
Reports to: Lab Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Currently seeking Medical Laboratory Technicians for P4 Diagnostix, a National sub-specialized Anatomic Pathology Laboratory. The Medical Laboratory Technician performs Cytology and FISH (fluorescence in situ hybridization)-related laboratory procedures in a timely and accurate manner according to established laboratory and departmental policies and procedures. This position performs functional duties in the Pre-Analytic, Analytic, and Post-Analytic phases of the Cytology and FISH Laboratory.
- Performs all manual technical procedures relating to Cytology and Fluorescence in situ Hybridization (FISH) specimen/slide preparation, Cytology and FISH protocols and procedures, FISH probe hybridization, DAPI counter staining, cover slipping, and labeling of patient slides.
- Operates automated Cytology & FISH laboratory instrumentation, including troubleshooting, maintenance and repair procedures as required.
- Must demonstrate good attention to detail, good reasoning ability; be knowledgeable of clinical pathology processes, and use organizational skills to meet established turnaround time deadlines.
- Responsible for the accurate documentation of all testing activities including but not limited to patient specimens, proficiency testing, quality control results, performance of preventive maintenance/ calibration of instruments and LIS results and data entry.
- Assists newly assigned staff to learn laboratory procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree or higher and successful completion of an accredited Medical Technology program
- Cytology Lab Experience is preferred but not required
- Must be able to work in a team environment and demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of general types of laboratory equipment (centrifuge, microscope, etc.) keyboard, LIS. Basic computer skills required.
- Must demonstrate good attention to detail and reasoning ability
- Potential exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes, or airborne particles
- Exposure to bodily fluids, chemicals, and biohazardous materials
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Job Type: Full-time