IMP is offering full-time client-facing Associate Analyst positions to seniors and recent college graduates. You will have an opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge about investment management workflows and the technology that underpins the financial services industry. If you are currently working towards (or recently completed) your degree in finance or a related field, consider joining IMP. IMP offers a competitive and rewarding career path with opportunities to advance to senior-level roles within the firm. By joining IMP, you will benefit from the senior staff's in-depth experience, and play a meaningful role in the development of the firm.
If this resonates and you feel you hit at least 75% of the criteria below, we'd love to hear from you!
IMP is seeking versatile client-facing Associates to join our growing team. Our client projects can include data integration projects, vendor searches, compliance, trade order management system implementations, and more. The ideal candidate will bring both industry and technical skills to IMP engagement teams, helping to ensure that our clients are utilizing the most out of their investment systems. As a client-facing Associate, you will work with your mentor and learn IMP's cutting edge methodologies to solve our clients' most complex trade order management, compliance and middle office challenges. Our project management focused roadmap and toolkit helps consultants drive their projects and ensure great client outcomes.
Responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Participating as part of the team in client project scoping (how to plan, deliver and kick-off a project)
- Assisting in project analysis (requirements gathering, interviews, workflow analysis, and data analysis)
- Executing testing plans (i.e. unit testing, use case testing, organized QA/UAT/Parallel testing)
- Assisting in the planning, organization, and executing of all tasks involved in the migration process from the test environment to the go-live environment
- Work with the team to execute all tasks in the client's “post-go-live” environment.
- Other responsibilities may include market research; thought leadership on investment management technological trends, and internal strategic company initiatives to help expand our service offerings.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field.
- 0-2 years of investment management experience (experience may include relevant internship experience or project related experience in investment technology)
- Strong project management and business analysis skills
- Strong knowledge of equities, fixed income, derivatives, and the trade order life cycle
- Solid written and oral communications skills
- Experience working with trade order management systems is a plus
- Experienced in creating and executing test plans on projects is a plus
- Understanding of compliance and the Investment Company Act of 1940 is a plus
- Knowledge of relational databases and how to code SQL in Oracle, MS SQL Server or Sybase is a plus
Boston, MA. May require up to 80% travel.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off (holidays, vacation and sick days)
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume.