Merchandise Associates have the opportunity to see the business side of sports marketing first hand for the Austin Spurs. The Austin Spurs are a part of the NBA Development League, the NBA’s minor league system. The Austin Spurs are directly affiliated, owned, and operated by the San Antonio Spurs. This is a paid position but are not guaranteed full time employment once the part time season is completed.
This position will provide the opportunity to:
- Manage the merchandise stand at all Austin Spurs home games. Attendance at ALL home games is mandatory.
- Example – Set-up and display merchandise
- Example – Assist customers with questions
- Example- Complete Point of Sale transactions
- Inventory merchandise items before and after each game during the season
- Assist with the fulfillment of online merchandise orders
- Must be available to work October 2018 - April 2019 in the office and at all games (24 regular season games with a possibility for playoffs)
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be able to work a 4-6 hour shift on game day
- Must be able carry/move/handle 25 pounds boxes
- Self-starter, pro-active, highly motivated
- Has the ability to work efficiently and in a timely manner in order to meet strict deadlines
- Has a commitment to excellence
- Is outgoing, resourceful and able to work with a diverse working environment.
- Is flexible with schedule; willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays, pending events schedule.
*SS&E is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Nothing contained in this job description is intended to be a contract of employment, nor does any information contained herein represent a guarantee of employment for a specific duration. Your employment with SS&E is “at will”, which means that either you or SS&E may terminate the relationship at any time.