Job Summary – Responsible for building, implementing and maintaining all supply chain system activities within the Operating Room. Directly responsible for maintaining Meditech O.R. preference cards and the Meditech O.R. Dictionaries with respect to supplies. Clearly communicates changes and aids with education to appropriate personnel in regards to preference card supply changes and new supply items. Participates with the O.R.’s physical inventory counts.
Supervisor – Supply Chain O.R. Material Manager
Key Interactions – O.R. Material Manager, O.R. Supply Chain Technicians, O. R. Director, O.R. Analyst, O.R. Nurses, SCD, CRM, Surgeons, Revenue Integrity Nurse, CSC Internal Control Team
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (included but not limited to):
- Clean up and maintenance of supply inventory on existing preference cards and creation of new preference cards in conjunction with the OR Analysts
- Clean up and maintenance of Meditech O.R. Inventory Dictionary, including building all supply items, entering all new supply items into Meditech and requesting new supply items in SMART system
- Maintains crosswalk and other master file synchronization between Meditech O.R., POU Technology and SMART system
- Works with Clinical Resource Manager (CRM) and O.R. Material Manager on all O.R. Supply Cost management projects, including physical inventory counts
- Works with O.R. Clinical Service Coordinators and O.R. Analyst to ensure accurate building, modification and synchronization of Meditech physician preference cards and Inventory Dictionaries
- Maintains effective communication with customers, CRMs, O.R. Nurses, Revenue Integrity Nurse, O.R. Directors and the facility management team
- Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value Statement
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Organization – proactively prioritized needs and effectively manages resources
- Communication – communicates clearly and concisely
- Leadership – guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
- Policies & Procedures – articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- PC skills – demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Knowledge of Meditech O.R. Module and Smart a plus
- Demonstrates effective problem-solving skills, and demonstrates comprehensive job knowledge.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Graduate from Surgical Technology program and/or equivalent clinical training preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant clinical/materials experience O.R. experience preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS – Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. May be exposed to toxic/caustic/chemicals/detergents. Work is performed in an office, and in the pharmacy and hospital environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.