The Systems Analyst VI Security Applications lead position is part of the HHSC IT System Services End User Computing organization and takes direction from the Automation Imaging Management manager. The Security Applications lead position is accountable for the delivery of multiple end user computing security application services such as Microsoft monthly patches, antivirus and encryption.
The mission of the Security Applications Lead is to provide single point of accountability to assure that the ongoing service delivery and support meet agreed customer experience, customer requirements and assure security compliance by leading day-to-day operational activities, thought leadership for operational and technical improvements and architecting future solutions.
Performs highly advanced and/or supervisory (senior-level) computer systems analysis work. Work involves overseeing the planning, budgeting, and analysis of user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing systems. Plans, assigns, and/or supervises the work of others. Works under minimal supervision, with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Essential Job Functions:
Attends work on a regular and predictable schedule in accordance with agency leave policy.
Oversees the planning, design, development, implementation, support, and maintenance of information technology security measures to safeguard agency information. Oversight and management of security practices as it relates to antivirus, encryption and Microsoft patches. Performs senior-level system maintenance and configuration as required to ensure security posture on HHS computers. Reviews system architectural and procedural standards. Consults on long range system plans. Plans migration to new standards and system architectures as they become available. Oversees and/or participates in activities to enhance job knowledge in areas related to applications, systems and computer related functions so that new innovations in software/hardware development can be implemented as needed. (25%)
Oversees and/or participates in identification and troubleshooting of systems in non-compliance state in relation to security applications. Identifies systems in vulnerable state. Oversight and participate with review of system logs. Defines/writes troubleshooting procedures. Interfaces with HHS staff for planning/coordination activities related to troubleshooting systems. Writes and/or updates scripts as required to identify and resolve system issues. (25%)
Oversees the preparation of reports, charts, diagrams, and tables that depict the present security posture on HHS computers. Provides management custom reports. Leads and/or participates in analysis of reports. (20%)
Oversees and/or participates in the development and execution of HHS system wide level strategies and technical direction and roadmaps, including establishing processes and procedures for executing and maintaining technology road maps. Provides insight and leadership with execution of system upgrades/maintenance. Researches and analyzes cost and benefits to implement new and/or configuration of systems. Provides recommendation and solutions to the agency’s computer systems. (10%)
Plans, assigns, and/or supervises the work of others (10%)
Oversees the design and implementation of new or revised methods that effectively meet agency needs (5%)
Performs related work as assigned (5%)
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
List the knowledge, skills, and abilities critical to performance in this position:
Registration or Licensure Requirements:
- Skill in coordinating and solving problems; in developing or revising program code; in scheduling, testing, installing, and implementing programs; and in troubleshooting computer systems
- Ability to analyze systems and procedures; to write and revise standards and procedures; to handle multiple projects; to communicate effectively; and to plan, assign, and/or supervise the work of others
- Recent and advanced skills working with complex IT services
- Strong consultative abilities in identifying and recommending best practices
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to communicate clearly and interface diplomatically with all personnel at all levels of the organization
- Ability to prepare and conduct group training sessions
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and services
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with a wide variety of staff
- Ability to plan and coordinate complex work involving staff from multiple functions and agencies
List the licensure, certification, or registration required to perform this job:
Initial Selection Criteria:
- ITIL certification Preferred
- Technical Certifications Preferred
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university. Information Technology experience may substitute for the required education on a year for year basis with a maximum substitution of four (4) years
- Experience in planning, implementing and supporting PC and hardware
- Experience in planning, implementing and supporting Microsoft Window Operating Systems, Active Directory and Microsoft Group Policies.
Military occupation(s) that relate to the initial selection criteria and registration or licensure requirements for this position may include, but not limited to: 25B, IT, 275, 0171, 3D0X2. All active duty military, reservists, guardsmen, and veterans are encouraged to apply if qualified to fill this position. For more information see the Texas State Auditor’s Military Crosswalk at http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/JobDescriptions.aspx.
25B, IT, 275, 0171, 3D0X2
HHS agencies use E-Verify. You must bring your I-9 documentation with you on your first day of work.
I-9 Form - Click here to download the I-9 form.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HHS agencies will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the on-line application, contact the HHS Employee Service Center at 1-888-894-4747. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview.