- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in Public Sector (Federal or state government, non-profit, or education industry)
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence C-level executives
- Experience creating and executing GTM or program strategies driving value at all levels.
- 5+ years of work experience in partner, channel, or technology program management, or a related field that incorporates industry best practices.
- Strong writing and presentation skills, and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences and develop written material for external stakeholders
- 20-25% travel to include international locations
The Mgr, WWPS Partner Programs is a new and integral part of the Public Sector Partner Programs team. In this position, you will lead a team of program managers to help grow our cloud computing business and make an impact in an exciting, growing market. Amazon Web Services is leading the shift in computing and is looking for world class candidates to help shape and deliver programs that support missions globally. There's never been a better time to join our growing partner programs team!
In this role, you will own the development, operationalizing, and support of global partner programs and strategies that help AWS APN partners achieve a competitive advantage. You will work cross-functionally with AWS teams and partners around the world to support and accelerate growth of the AWS Public Sector partner community. This is a unique opportunity to play an integral role in the incredibly fast-growing AWS Public Sector team.
The ideal candidate is an experienced people leader and coach with success developing and executing complex program strategies, program management, reporting/financial analysis, and communications development. You must be highly organized, with the ability and initiative to understand critical business needs, analyze issues, and collaborate with stakeholders to support the development of learning solutions. You must thrive in a fast paced environment.
Core Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute partner GTM strategies in a matrix-organization and partner ecosystem designed to solve problems or drive value for our public sector end user community.
- Provide effective leadership, coaching, developing and empowering personnel in a high-performing team
- Effective and clear written and oral communications to develop and execute strategies, programs, and mechanisms
- Align and work closely with AWS global partner leadership, global leaders, finance, and legal to design and operationalize scalable programs.
- Work with subject matter experts, development partners, and other stakeholders to develop internal content when needed that meets audience and program requirements in creative and engaging ways
- MBA Preferred
- GLOBAL Public Sector experience
- Experience and solid understanding of Cloud computing technology and a utility pricing model
- Strong financial and analytical expertise.
- Experience or relationships with technology or consulting partners and distributors in cloud computing
- Prefer locations in Washington DC metro area, or near an AWS office
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
To learn more about the AWS Public Sector Partner Network, please visit https://aws.amazon.com/partners/public-sector/