To coordinate Teen Line’s outreach services to include presentations at schools and youth groups, health fairs and conferences for the purpose of increasing awareness of teen issues and decreasing mental health stigma. The Outreach Coordinator represents Teen Line in the community to help promote Teen Line’s mission, programs and resources.
This position is 6 hours per week with a flexible schedule (most commonly between 7am-4pm, some evening and weekends) and provides mileage reimbursement. There may be opportunity for increased hours, if interested. Must live in Service Provider Area 2, 4 or 5.
The Outreach Coordinator will report to the Outreach Manager to:
- Schedule and present 1 outreach per week to schools, youth groups and other adolescent-serving agencies. Ability to network effectively and cultivate new opportunities for outreach programs.
1 outreach = Three 45/60-minute presentations or two 1.5-hour presentations, plus set-up and break down.
- Participate in bi-monthly staff meeting, new listener orientation and trainings, as needed.
- Train teen and adult volunteers on their role in our outreach programs.
- Diligence with the administrative tasks related to the outreach services, including administration of evaluations for our research program.
- Recent Graduate with MA/MS or current graduate student in a mental health related field, such as psychology, social work, clinical counseling, etc.
- Preferred candidates will be beginning to earn their hours towards licensure.
- Bachelor’s degree in a mental health-related field, such as social work, psychology, etc.
- Bilingual in Spanish beneficial.
- Experience working with adolescents a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to culturally diverse populations.
- Exemplary people, planning, presentation and communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines and work cooperatively with other staff.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, punctuality and professionalism.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office (emphasis on Word, Excel and Powerpoint).
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and full automobile insurance coverage.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as needed (not regularly).
Teen Line is located at Cedars-Sinai P.O. Box 48750, Los Angeles, CA 90048. Full legal name: Center For The Study Of Young People In Groups.
If you are interested in the position, upon applying please submit your resume and cover letter. We look forward to meeting you!
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $25.00 /hour