Title: Service Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Who We Are:
Cardinal Heating and Air is a residential HVAC company located in Kirkland, Washington. Cardinal was founded in 1991. The company aspires to become the highest quality HVAC Company in the Puget Sound area specializing in high end custom home heating, air conditioning and ventilation systems for their clients.
Manages daily operations of Service Department to ensure customer service, profitability and growth. Responsible for planning, directing and managing all aspects of service projects. Manage Service Technicians regarding daily dispatch, training, evaluation, salary structure and job performance and paperwork.
- Secure and maintain service work to ensure growth and profitability within department.
- Review all service invoices daily, includes comparing time cards to invoices and spot checking pricing. Train and manage Service Techs to detail work on invoices for customer use and to indicate services rendered.
- Manage scheduling coordinator and dispatch for department.
- Work with customers to resolve complaints and concerns.
- Review profit and loss daily. Track technician performance (technical / financial). Make adjustments to meet budget.
- Review warranty invoices, making sure that valid warranty issues are being addressed to vendor, parts, field materials and labor.
- Create annual business plan & budget and review with Controller.
- Responsible for maintaining departments’ vehicles.
- Negotiate with vendors to maintain best pricing and procure parts and materials for department.
- Maintain proper inventory levels for department
- Hire, evaluate, train, manage and terminate Service Technicians as necessary.
- Utilize computer system to keep accurate records of Planned Maintenance Agreements (PMA), equipment warranty, material flow, inventory and service records.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma
- 5 years minimum experience in heating and A/C industry
- HVAC Service Manager training classes
- Marketing and/or Business management classes
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communications skills to assist customers and to manage and interact with employees
- Must be able to use word processing and spreadsheet to create, edit and input formulas
- Must be able to create, read and understand profit and loss statements and budgets
- Thorough understanding of HVAC terminology, parts, equipment, system design, application and installation.
- Must be a self motivator, organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks and delegate tasks.
- Motivate and lead your team.
- Identify areas of improvement, design plan to improve, implement and hold others accountable.
- Must be able to sit at desk for a minimum of 4 hours. Capable of lifting 50 – 100 lbs.
- Must have valid Washington State Driver’s License and be able to drive to meetings and job sites
- Must be able to walk, bend and crawl for on-site job inspections
- Must be able to talk on the phone and work on computer simultaneously
- Company paid health insurance for employee
- Dental, short term and long term-disability
- Company 401K with match
- Paid holidays (includes day after Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve).
- Salary, bonus structure and company vehicle
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year
- heating: 5 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)