Position Requirements:Basic Qualifications:
- Apply critical thinking and analytical skills in reviewing large volumes of transactions for multiple payment channels, detect suspicious and/or high-risk activity, and make appropriate decisions in order to quickly mitigate fraud/risk and minimize actual losses for the Bank.
- Serve as subject matter expert for customers and branch associates to report complex fraud issues.
- Research and verify legitimacy of claims, identify emerging trends and protect compromised accounts to prevent subsequent fraudulent transactions.
- Exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively disclose potentially sensitive information to a variety of audiences including internal/external customers, field associates, staff departments, and peer bank contacts.
- Comprehend and efficiently utilize numerous bank/department systems and applications to gather pertinent information, take action, and resolve issues while remaining in compliance with banking regulations.
- Identify and communicate internal control breakdowns in an effort to improve associate education.
- Accurately track functional metrics and detailed case information for reporting purposes.
Bachelor degree with a minimum of 2 years bank operations experience including a background in branch operations, bank loss prevention, or a Teller position.
Associate degree with a minimum of 4 years bank operations experience including a background in branch operations, bank loss prevention, or a Teller position.
High school diploma or GED with a minimum of 6 years bank operations experience including a background in branch operations, bank loss prevention, or a Teller position.
Other Preferred Qualifications:
- Familiarity with bank policies, procedures, and practices including related industry and regulatory issues.
- Working knowledge of numerous bank systems & applications and ability to quickly grasp new vendor software.
- Good deductive reasoning skills with the ability to scope complex problems and take action to minimize risks.
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment while maintaining work quality.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency, drive for results, and build productive relationships.
- Strong Microsoft Office application and database management skills.
Knowledge of various presentment and payment channels.