Washington, DC (District of Columbia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) office of Defense Nuclear Nonproliferation (DNN) R&D is seeking independent technical assessment of its enterprise and technical support by subject matter experts for specific program areas and independent peer reviews of selected projects.
The Aerospace Corporation will provide mission assurance and systems engineering, independent technical analysis, review, assessment, and advisory services in support of DNN R&D including, but not limited to, enterprise and program level reviews and assessments of its portfolio of sponsored R&D, including alignment to top-level strategic goals and adequacy of management approaches.
- Provide expertise and assistance in coordination of strategy and policy efforts through interactions with the Associate Deputy Administrator, Assistant Associate Deputy Administrator, Directors for Nuclear Detonation Detection and Proliferation Detection Offices and individual federal program managers at the NNSA Defense Nuclear Nonproliferation R&D office, NA-22.
- Represent the Aerospace Corporation to customers at all working and management levels.
- Assist in the development and execution of strategic and tactical plans to provide added value to the NNSA through the application of expert scientific, engineering, and analytical capabilities, subject matter expertise and programmatic knowledge.
- Provide support to NNSA principal and systems directors in the development and application of Aerospace programs supporting the Defense Nuclear Nonproliferation (DNN) program by developing and utilizing scientific, technological, and engineering expertise and support capabilities of the Aerospace Corporation.
- Work with customers at the NNSA national laboratories and nuclear weapons complex production sites, as well as other government stakeholders and participants such as the DoD (SMC, AFSPC, STRATCOM, AFTAC) and MSTS at the Nevada National Security Site.
- Participate in DNN program and technical reviews on an as-needed basis.
- A minimum of twelve years of systems engineering and program execution experience in complex systems, technology investments, and system monitoring, and the minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in engineering, science, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a proactive self-directed manner with senior customer personnel on a variety of technical, programmatic, and administrative issues is required.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication, excellent interpersonal, organizational and team building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and/or lead teams across multiple organizations.
- Demonstrated project and program management skills including execution, analysis and product development capabilities, as evidenced through examples of technically complex products.
- Demonstrated skills in a technical environment including formulating task plans, executing and leading studies, and utilizing an internal engineering and technology competency group is required.
- Ability to travel.
- Knowledge of the nuclear weapons complex, the NNSA, and its defense and nonproliferation programs is highly desired.
- Familiarity with the National laboratories and the relationship to the NNSA is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of nuclear radiation measurement methods and systems, in both terrestrial- and space-based environments.
- Knowledge or experience with NNSA Defense Nuclear Nonproliferation programs.
- Currently hold or are qualified for TS with CNWDI and SCI clearances.
Additional Requisition Details
Counter Intelligence Polygraph
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market:
Engineer, Aerospace Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Military Intelligence, Laboratory, Engineering, Government, Science