Full Job Description
Provides project support, invoicing, document processing, filing, and other related tasks for coordination with team partners; basic office administrative support, including reception, ordering meals, maintaining kitchen and office supplies, document processing, filing, office related errands, shipping and other related tasks; and special projects as directed by your supervisor. Must be detail oriented with strong problem solving skills. Must have excellent written, communication, and math skills as well as the ability to multi-task several different responsibilities. Must work well under pressure in a fast-paced team-oriented environment and know how to prioritize as well as when to involve upper management.
General Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Proficient with MS Office Suite (especially MS Word and Excel)
2. Ability to handle multiple projects and flexible to change
3. Greets guests, directs visitors, and requests building access passes
4. Sorts and routes incoming mail; prepares outgoing mail
5. Maintains kitchen and office supplies
6. Prepares local office accounts payable/accounts receivable for processing to Corporate
7. Maintains local office checking account; check requests
8. Sets up new opportunities and projects in Vision, CostPoint, and Contract Budget Forecast and gain appropriate authorization and approvals
9. Sets up new projects, supplements, adjust budgets, update end dates, complete modification requests and track approval status through final validation
10. Reviews contract documents for billing terms and conditions
11. Prepares subconsultant agreements, review unpaid sub reports and monitor budgets
12. Requests and maintains Certificates of Insurance for company, subconsultants and subcontractors
13. Reviews pre-bills and prepare and process client invoices that are compliant with contract terms and client specific needs and ensure they are properly entered into the accounting system
14. Participates in weekly internal quality audits of invoices
15. Tracks monthly unbilled amounts to ensure all projects are reviewed, billed and processed timely, and assess potential revenue adjustments
16. Filing, copying, and pulling invoice backup
17. Tracks Accounts Receivable balances and champion collection efforts
18. Maintains project files
19. Minimal HR duties
Occasionally, may direct and review the work of less experienced administrative staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of Associates Degree, technical school certificate, or 10 years job-related experience. Must be computer literate, proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, and have excellent accounting and spreadsheet skills. Successfully interacts with company peers, office personnel, middle and upper management, corporate employees, and clients.
Preferred experience includes: working with transportation consulting or professional services, familiarity with Deltek Vision and Costpoint, and a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or similar. Knowledge of municipal, city, state, and federal billing practices desired, such as Certified Payroll, Waivers of Lien, and electronic invoice submittals.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hand and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keyboard, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. The employee may be required to travel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but at time there will be surrounding activities in an open office setting that must be dealt with.