About Our Organization:
Sasha Bruce Youthwork is one of the largest and most experienced providers of services to youth in Washington, DC. Our mission is to improve the lives of runaway, homeless, abused, neglected, and/or at-risk youth and their families in the Washington, DC area. We achieve this by providing shelter, counseling, life skills training, and positive youth development activities to approximately 1,500 youth and 5,000 family members each year. With more than 30 years of experience meeting the growing needs of DC’s youth and families with innovative programs, Sasha Bruce Youthwork is always willing to listen and ready to help.
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Facilitator is responsible for the effective implementation of the Teen Outreach Program at assigned sites (Ballou High School, HD Woodson, Maya Angelou Public Charter School, Kramer Middle School, Johnson Middle School, and Hart Middle School). The Facilitator implements the youth development program consistent with the best practice, Wyman’s Teen Outreach Program approach; directly implements the program to assigned students; supports the effective integration of the program into the partner sites; coordinates the quality integration of community service learning opportunities; is responsible for maintaining retention standards set by Program Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures effective planning each week of TOP for his/her designated site(s), based upon the TOP approach, including alignment with the school mission, and TOP curriculum integrated with community service learning activities.
- Facilitates up to 12 TOP clubs per week via in-school, after-school models, and community-based models at multiple school sites.
- Meets enrollment and participation targets through effective planning with partner sites, youth enrollment, and retention activities.
- Participate in school community partner meetings to develop relationships with community and school stakeholders and identify ways to collaborate with the TOP® and Sasha Bruce.
- Conducts club observations and provides feedback to other TOP® facilitators.
- Provides quarterly training and professional development opportunities that are relevant to program implementation for TOP® staff.
- Submits monthly reporting to Program Director as requested.
- Plans and implements community service learning at all assigned sites to support TOP curriculum.
- Maintains healthy and appropriate relationships with TOP® teens, focusing on safety, support, interaction, and engagement.
- Maintains accurate enrollment forms, attendance records, and service records on all youth.
- Assist in the development of flyers and promotional materials related to program enrollment. Provide the Program Director with timely and accurate documentation of all services provided and maintain accurate and up-to-date enrollment forms, attendance records, and service records on all youth.
- Participate in meetings and other agency-wide meetings/functions as assigned
- At least 3-5 years experience in teen program delivery and/or at least 3-5 years of experience working with youth in a school-based or community setting.
- Experience facilitating life skills groups and leading community service projects is required.
- Experience working in a school-based setting, preferably in DC or urban area preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Exceptional interpersonal communications and organizational skills
- Experience working with diverse populations and age groups, with particular emphasis on working with young people, ages 12 – 18.
- Candidates should possess a positive approach to youth engagement that recognizes and moves in accordance with the developmental cycle of young adults and a passion and commitment to our student’s success despite various obstacles and challenges.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- This position also requires reliable transportation and daily travel to school sites.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume online.