SALES, MARKETING & SOCIAL MEDIA ASSOCIATE: Pathologists’ Regional Laboratory located in Lewiston, Idaho is looking for a highly motivated customer focused and social media savvy sales representative to join our Marketing team. This individual will be responsible for promoting PRL’s brand in a client facing manner as well as driving engagement across a variety of social media platforms. Qualifications include excellent customer relationship skills, creativity and the ability to create professional content for an audience that will include existing and potential clients, patients and employees. The candidate will also be responsible for maximizing lead generation in new areas based on administrative guidance to increase market share. The right individual must be organized, able to problem solve independently and have the ability to see a process through from initiation to completion while maintaining a service focus. As the Social Media Specialist, the goal is to gradually achieve superior client engagement and website traffic by strategically exploiting all aspects of the social media marketing roadmap. This employee should have a solid understanding of how each social media channel works and how to optimize content so that it is engaging on those channels. You would also be responsible for joining relevant conversations on behalf of the brand by providing support to current and prospective clients. Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking and audience identification. Set up and optimize PRL's pages within each platform to increase the visibility of Pathologists' Regional Laboratory's social content. Demonstrate social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge. Proven work experience in social media marketing Some travel required.
· Ability to apply sound judgment in ambiguous situations and effectively manage change.
· Ability to build, attract and develop a strong team by demonstrating and setting
high standards of behavior, performance, quality, credibility, and integrity.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across the organization.
· Ability to interact and communicate effectively to build trust and establish effective
working relationships within the department, across the organization and with a wide
variety of audiences.
· Ability to maintain a work pace appropriate to the workload.
· Ability to manage staff and resources consistent with goals and in keeping within
the organizational vision and values.
Ability to delegate and empower staff and build strong employee morale.
· Ability to read and correctly interpret complex regulations, contracts, and policies.
Is aware of state and national legislative changes that affect medical practice
specifically related to pathology services.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Financial management and analysis skills consistent with budgetary responsibilities.
· Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job.
· Must possess the skill, knowledge and ability essential to the successful performance
of assigned duties.
· Strong organization and project management skills.
· Strong organizational and leadership skills to solve complex issues. Ability to interact
and negotiate in a professional manner with a wide variety of entities.
· Acts as a resource in educating medical office staff regarding appropriate
specimen collection and submission, both for routine and specialized testing.
· Develops a database/pipeline of qualified leads through referrals, telephone
canvassing, and face to face cold calling on appropriate targets.
· Maximizes opportunities in the process of closing a sale resulting in capturing market
share from competitors.
· Creates marketing materials for periodic distribution to new and established clients,
and keep Pathologists’ Regional Laboratory’s brochure updated.
· Interacts with couriers and lab operations staff periodically to ensure specimen
pick-ups, reports, and supply delivery are occurring in an efficient and secure
Assesses client satisfaction in this regard.
· Participates in problem resolution with clients while maintaining tact and diplomacy
while projecting an overall professional image.
· Maintains accurate customer records of all sales and prospecting activities including
sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities.
· Is proficient at using software such as Word and Excel.
· Adheres to all company policies including HIPPA, procedures, business ethics, and
core values and ensures that they are effectively communicated and implemented in
· Other job duties as assigned.
· 3+ years applicable experience a plus.
· Experience in laboratory business and marketing oversight.
BS in Communications, Marketing, Business, New Media or Public Relations or
relevant field a plus.
Job Type: Full-time