At Kids II, we’re really good at what we do. And when we’re great at our jobs, we help parents be great at their jobs.
Parenting is demanding, and that’s where we come in. We want to reimagine how brands can make it easier for early stage parents – not by just selling them products, but by providing holistic solutions that transcend borders, categories and aisles.
No matter our title or department, at Kids II, our job is to create more tiny wins for parents, so they can create bright futures for their little ones. That’s a big task!
We’re serious about what we do, AND we love to have fun. Our team is hardworking, entrepreneurial, and passionate about helping families create millions, if not billions of tiny wins.
The Systems Engineer administers the operation of global IT infrastructure, including physical and virtual servers, server operating systems, and applications supporting around-the-clock business operations of the corporate headquarters and international branch offices. The Systems Engineer has a strong understanding of network and server topology and business-facing and back-end systems critical to daily operations. This position also researches new technology and best practices relevant to IT operations, proposing and implementing changes when appropriate to ensure efficiency, security, and standardization across the enterprise. The Systems Engineer will also mentor Help Desk technicians and cross-train on new responsibilities when needed.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Deploy and maintain servers to support business processes and applications
- Monitor system availability and performance 24x7
- Maintain and enhance centralized monitoring application
- Research, deploy, configure, and maintain 3rd party applications to support business or IT needs
- Manage Office 365 system for user management, mail, and mail archiving
- Administer existing Microsoft Active Directory domain
- Administer Microsoft Azure hybrid cloud environment
- Administer Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Work with NetApp storage systems and tooling to provision storage, create and monitor backup & recovery jobs
- Manage Veeam infrastructure and application to create and monitor backup & recovery jobs
- Automate recurring manual IT infrastructure processes via Windows Powershell
- Leverage SCCM to perform OS patch deployment (servers & workstations), application deployment
- Plan, document, and execute weekly proactive maintenance
- Execute, monitor, and verify integrity of backups of data and critical systems
- Maintain documentation of IT environment
- Promote efficiency of routine operations by increasing standardization, and creating automation and scripting of tasks
- Provide mentorship and training and serve as escalation point for IT Help Desk team
- Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours incidents and emergencies
- Perform maintenance tasks off-hours to reduce business disruption or downtime
- Occasional travel to branch offices to support infrastructure upgrades and perform proactive maintenance
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- 4+ years in an IT Infrastructure support role
- 4-6 years in Information Technology role
- Windows Powershell scripting experience required
- Server virtualization experience required
- Datacenter experience preferred
- Technical Certifications strongly desired
EDUCATION & SKILLS (COMPUTER/TECHNICAL SKILLS)
- Microsoft Certifications (MTA, MCSA, MCSE) strongly desired
- VMWare or storage vendor certifications
- Associate’s degree/certificate in Information Technology or related fields, or equivalent work experience
- Strong skills in IT fundamentals including, but not limited to: server administration, networking, database support/administration, infrastructure support, and IT security design
- Server and network hardware knowledge
- Scripting tasks for automation via Microsoft Powershell
- Strong understanding of Active Directory, virtualization, server, networking, and IT security knowledge
- Experience with Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 systems and features
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, including design, implementation, and administration
- •IT-based certifications (e.g., CCNA, MCSE, A+, NCDA, etc)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to sit; have flexible use of hands; and talk or hear. The team member is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
General office environment
We offer competitive pay, flexible hours, and generous benefits. Plus, to keep things fun (because we are all kids at heart), we offer a host of team member activities and philanthropic efforts throughout the year and company-wide awards and recognition for a job well done!
Check out our website at www.kidsii.com and our social media pages on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram for more information and open positions in the career section.
Drug Free Workplace M/F/D/V