- A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or equivalent professional experience
- 7+ years’ experience in security services, asset protection, audit, risk management, inventory control, quality assurance, or other related field
- Familiarity with security equipment such as intrusion detection devices, access control systems, etc.
- Proficient with MS Office Professional Suite, including intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Up to 50% travel (Domestic)
- Must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts as necessary
- Able to work in an industrial environment that requires walking up to 5 miles a day and ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- This role can be based in VA
The Regional Loss Prevention Manager, is a key salaried position. The Regional Loss Prevention Manager leads the effort to efficiently and effectively provide security services and asset (lives, buildings, equipment, inventory, data, & intellectual property) protection in a designated area of responsibility. The Regional Loss Prevention Manager reports to the Senior Loss Prevention Manager responsible for their area, and the cross-functional teams throughout the organization. This role can require up to 50% travel if needed.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Enhance, track, and report on metrics which are key performance indicators, allowing performance improvements so that the desired outcomes are achieved to plan and in a timely manner
- Ensure internal controls per Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements related to area are fulfilled
- Assist with investigations of internal and external theft and fraud and conduct interviews when appropriate
- Inspire performance excellence on the part of all security services team members
- Ensure that you understand, align performance and actions with and can clearly articulate the vision and values of the organization and their department
- Meet or surpass your objectives that align with security service model
- Identify, promote and implement security best practices
- Serve as department’s liaison and security subject matter expert for facility management keeping them abreast of key issues, strategies and the department’s performance
- Utilize Lean and Six Sigma methods to drive process improvements and increase efficiency
- Effectively partner with internal customers in evaluating current and future security services, processes and initiatives
- Coordinate data collection, through database polling or data entry, from multiple DC; and conduct analysis generating strategic and tactical interpretations
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma concepts desired and certification
- Strong familiarity with data bases (querying and analyzing) such as SQL, MYSQL, Access, Exception Based Reporting, etc.
- Interviewing and Interrogation experience desired and Wicklander and Zulawski certification is a plus
- Experience with logistics and/or transportation center services
- Workplace Violence and/or Business Continuity experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.