Prize Fulfillment - Detroit (HQ)
The Supplier Relationship Director is responsible for managing relationships with those who supply HelloWorld products and services to the organization ensuring that suppliers meet or exceed their contractual obligations. In addition to serving as the lead for category sourcing initiatives and ongoing contract and supplier relationship management, this individual will be responsible for proactively developing and implementing strategic sourcing strategies in prizing, reward, capital, and expense categories.
Description and Responsibilities
Job Specifications and Competencies
- Manages and develops the organization’s strategic supplier management program.
- Responsible for requirements creation and selection of the company's product and service providers, and procurement to optimize operational costs.
- Follows HelloWorld evaluation and process guidelines and helps to modify them as necessary.
- Suppliers are defined as companies providing software, services, offers, prizing/rewards and fulfillment. They are not involved with reselling of HelloWorld’s products and services.
- Works closely with operations, product and executive teams to determine areas of improvement.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a corporate relationship ladder between the partner and HelloWorld.
- Thought leadership in general retail and trends is required.
- Vets and tracks internal HelloWorld and Sales levels of satisfaction and financial savings with each supplier.
- Accountable for overall client satisfaction and acts as main liaison between HelloWorld and the partner.
- Participation and assistance in the coordination of meetings, governance calls and various reporting will be required.
- Reports to top management.
- Manages and mentors internal Procurement team within a broader departmental function.
- Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure.
- Works to optimize pricing with the supplier on an ongoing basis as well as aggregate supplier relationships as necessary.
- Reviews and guarantees that SOWs and contracts with clients are in line with HelloWorld pricing guidelines and target margins.
- Deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental function.
- Report on technical issues or questions and make recommendations on workarounds or mitigation strategies to address them.
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve the solution, discover issues and deliver better value to the customer.
- Previous experience in the fields of Procurement and Business Analysis
- 10+ years of industry experience eliciting technical and non-technical vendor requirements.
- Typically requires 5+ years of managerial experience
- Business experience preferred: MBA or a degree in Procurement or Vendor Management or applicable experience
- Extensive MS Office/Database/Visualization tools experience in end-to-end requirement and documentation design and ownership.
- Demonstrated comfort and experience negotiating with suppliers.
- Experience in analyzing legal contracts and vendor MSA/SLA agreements
- Deep knowledge in generating process and workflow documentation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including expert level technical writing skills
- Proven analytical mind with attention to detail and accuracy in all deliverables.