Bronxworks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and is guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences.
BronxWorks is hiring a Temporary Case Manager for the Intern and Earn Program.
- Provide direct services to clients, including intake, engagement, assessment, service plan development, referral, advocacy, counseling, exit summaries and follow-up.
- Provide general and ongoing work readiness and case management support to disconnected youth between the ages of 16-24.
- Connect participants to acceptable employment and educational outcomes.
- Address all issues related to internships, worksites and client’s barriers.
- Enter detailed worksite and participant case notes into the YEPS database.
- Conduct site visits in the field to pick up timesheets and other important documents regularly.
- Facilitate relevant workshops throughout the duration of each cohort.
- Collect outcome verifications for participants in the retention phase of the program.
- Monitor and document client progress toward service plan goals.
- Maintain familiarity with program resources available on- and off-site.
- Coordinate client services with other social service, mental health, medical, employment, educational, child care and other providers.
- Conduct home visits and other field work, as required.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree with one year experience in a related position.
- Engaging personality and detailed orientated skills are essential.
- Strong oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills are necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and other standard business technology is required.
BronxWorks offers a variety of benefits to full-time salaried employees as well as part-time salaried employees who work at least 20 hours per week year-round.
Generous paid time off for personal, vacation, parental, and medical leave and a pension plan that is 100% employer paid.
We support all aspects of diversity, and in accordance with federal, state and local laws, does not discriminate unlawfully against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, military status, national origin (including ancestry), predisposing genetic characteristic, race, sex, gender, actual or perceived sexual orientation (including actual or perceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and asexuality), status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by law.