Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Required Security Clearance: Secret or above
Required Certifications: DoD 8570 IAT II, to include Security+ CE and MCSE or equivalent
Required Education: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
- Strongly desire MS clustering, high availability, backup and disaster recovery design and implementation experience.
- Scripting experience preferred (Batch, WMI, VBScript, PowerShell)
- Intermediate VMware experience. VCP 5 or higher certification a plus
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
Customer and Mission: Pentagon Force Protection Agency – The Pentagon Force Protection Agency is a civilian Law Enforcement agency within the U.S. Department of Defense charged with protecting and safeguarding the occupants, visitors, and infrastructure of The Pentagon, the Mark Center Building, the Defense Health Headquarters, and other assigned Pentagon facilities.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
Senior Systems Engineerwith Enterprise Windows, Active Directory and VMware
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems. The candidate will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
- Project based work to design, document and implement infrastructure solutions to solve business problems.
- Current, enterprise-class infrastructure/system engineering experience with Microsoft platforms running on Intel servers utilizing direct-attached and SAN attached storage.
- Advanced experience designing, implementing, deploying and managing enterprise solutions using Microsoft, HP and VMWare 5.x and 6.x technologies. Includes Active Directory, HP blade hardware and virtual platform, Windows Server 2008 r2 and 2012 r2, Windows, SQL Server 2012, 2014 and backup technologies.
- Advanced experience designing, implementing and managing high availability/ clustering and disaster recovery environments.
- Experience in deploying VCenter and virtual systems.
- Must have troubleshooting and deep dive skills around VMware.
- Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IP Networking VPN’s, switching, and routing.
- Hands on experience with tiered storage, replication, DR, and snap shot technologies.
- Working knowledge of integrated converged stack infrastructure & hyper convergence stacks.
- Must provide technical leadership for project-based assignments and be able to write technical assessments.
- Work in partnership with Business/Apps partner and other Engineering teams to translate requirements into deliverables.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Complete technical documentation to design, test, implement, train and transition solutions to operational support.
- Experience interacting with customers and appropriate representatives to analyze, validate, specify, verify, document and manage the requirements.
- Ability to plan, manage time according to schedules, and provide timely status updates.
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and resolve issues using all available resources.
- Ability to assist, and publish technical standards including white papers.
- Solve business problems.
- Foundational knowledge around Linux systems preferably with Redhat & Oracle Linux.
- Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- HP storage experience a plus.
- Desired characteristics are a proactive thinker and self-starter, must be able to innovate and think out of the box
FEDDATA has a great opportunity to affect change by being an integral part of a team of Network, System, Process, and Cyber Admins and Engineers. This team is responsible for re-architecting and constructing the operational environment undergirding of the current and future IT platform of one of the most significant defense office buildings in the world. You will be providing front seat support with direct impact on the safety and protection of tens of thousands of military, government and civilian personnel.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $145,000.00 /year
- systems engineering: 8 years
- Secret Security Clearance