Club Monaco is an international brand that designs and creates modern yet timeless clothing and accessories for women and men. Since its first store opened in Toronto in 1985, Club Monaco has been recognized by fashion influencers for its thoughtfully designed, purposeful collections featuring relevant, wearable pieces, fine fabrics and exceptional fits. In 1999, Club Monaco became a subsidiary of the Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation.
Obtain a general understanding of all Merchandising functions, including understanding inter dependencies with Design, Planning, Production, and Allocation, by participating in department CFT meetings and becoming familiar with merchandising tools, terminology and responsibilities. Execute day-to-day tasks necessary to assist the Merchandising team. Support CMO and VP of Planning and Allocation with calendar management, expenses, etc.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Observe and work with the merchandising team to review the line presented by design. Note color, styles, breadth of assortment, price points, focus of the store, and compatibility with other styles in the store, production challenges and store distribution.
- Prepare assortment recommendations for Planning, Allocation, Technical, Visual, Production and Licensing. Tailor each discussion to address each groups focus on the assortment.
- Discuss the assortment informally and formally with management; have an informed point of view.
- Assist in the discussion of store distribution and store groupings.
- Participate in assorting at least one classification of the business by contributing your own ideas in decisions to add, eliminate, change/revise the product or adopt the product as presented.
- Update and maintain the buy sheets on a weekly basis. Distribute to the merchandising team as needed.
- Attend monthly best seller meetings and quarterly line review meetings. Support department by preparing boards, etc.
- Partner with Assistant Merchant to manage samples for department.
- Continue to refine understanding of the Club Monaco customer.
- Manage the Senior Director’s calendar
- Assess CC count, visual presentation, windows, gain feedback from storeline.
- Sample management
Support to CMO:
- Use financial terms (APS, WOH, WOS, GM%, GM$, and sell through percent on a style, class and department level) to voice opinions.
- Stay up to date with and understand business trends at the division level, as well as class and department as shown on the pyramid, daily flash sales, and color selling reports.
- Observe the current season’s business based on pre-flip and flip sales.
- Accurately assist in the reconciliation of receipts weekly.
- Identify merchandising opportunities by reviewing recaps and analyzing last year’s business and current trends.
- Obtain working knowledge of the OTB process, attend retail math class.
- Manage the coordination and organization of CMO’s meetings, conference calls, travel arrangements/trip itineraries, vacation time etc.
- Manage phones/messages, responding to basic requests for information, and update calendar on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Manage vacation, personal and sick time for direct reports
- Perform various administrative tasks, such as memo writing, filing, copying, faxing, phone correspondence
- Create excel spreadsheets, presentation materials, meeting agendas
- Processing vendor invoices and expense reports for CMO
- Assist the senior team with various projects and assignments as needed
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
1 year of fashion merchandising experience
Strong Organizational skills
Proficient with microsoft office programs
Agility to mulit task
strong communicatrion skills
Passion and Understanding of fashion and specialty retail
***This job is currently based in NYC, but will shift to our campus in Nutley, NJ in summer 2019.