Continuum Care is growing and needs your leadership! We are seeking an Executive Director to lead our team. We offer competitive pay, benefits and a great work environment!
The Executive Director/Administrator is responsible for the overall day to day operations of the hospice services. He/she is responsible for the employment of qualified hospice personnel; is responsible for the provision of hospice services, directly, and the delegation to and coordination of hospice personnel evaluations; is responsible for establishing standards of care to comply with federal and state regulations and guidelines. The Executive Director/Administrator establishes, implements and evaluates goals and objectives for hospice services that meet and promote the standards of quality and contribute to the total organization and philosophy.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Operational planning and budgeting.
- Ensuring organizational compliance with legal, regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Assures that all business conduct is above minimum standards required by law and will not condone any activities that achieve results through violation of the law, unethical business or patient care practices.
- Monitoring business operations to insure financial stability.
- Evaluating hospice services and personnel using measurable outcomes and objectives.
- Conflict and complaint management and resolution.
- Establishing and maintaining effective channels of communication including integration or technology, as applicable.
- Ensuring hospice personnel stay current with clinical information and practices.
- Ensuring adequate and appropriate staffing.
- Staff development including orientation, inservice, continuing education, competency testing and quality assessment performance improvement.
- Ensuring that interdisciplinary care is provided.
- Ensuring supportive services are available to personnel. The Executive Director or qualified alternate shall be available on the premises or by telecommunication during normal business hours.
- Ensuring coordination with other departments, services and senior management, as appropriate.
- Ensuring staff and organization stay current on national/local hospice issues and trends.
- Ensuring that appropriate service policies and procedures are developed and implemented to accomplish identified outcomes.
- Directing staff in performance of their duties including admission, discharge, transfer, revocation, and provision of service to patients.
- Ensuring appropriate staff supervision during all service hours.
- Monitoring service utilization to ensure delivery of comprehensive care.
- Ensuring services provided by other agencies are authorized by hospice.
- Monitoring operational progress toward accomplishing operational and strategic goals.
- Ensuring appropriate data collection and regular, complete reports are received by the Governing Body.
- Ensuring adequate space, equipment and supplies are available.
- Ensuring actionable objectives are derived from evaluation of hospice services and personnel.
- Ensuring that structure and systems promote interdisciplinary care
- Ensuring collaboration with agencies and vendors for effective management of services.
- Ensuring standards of ethical business and clinical practice are maintained
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Masters degree in health care or related field preferred.
- Two (2) to five (5) years experience in health care management.
- Demonstrates an ability to supervise and direct professional and administrative personnel.
- Has an ability to deal tactfully with the community.
- Has knowledge of corporate business management.
- Understands hospice care and the services provided to patient and family/caregiver through an interdisciplinary group.
- Intimate knowledge of Medicare Hospice Certification.
Job Type: Full-time
- Healthcare Management: 2 years (Required)