The Gaming Instructor is responsible for running the PRO Technology classroom and for the instruction of Minecraft & Roblox to our 5th-8th grade campers. Instructors train on all PRO Technology curriculum and teach daily lessons, bringing this interactive technical curriculum to life for our campers. Instructors should be prepared for a summer filled with personal and professional growth, classroom management practice and a whole lot of FUN!
Main duties include:
Approach education with passion and excitement and build positive model relationships with campers
Set-up, organize and manage the technology classroom including supplies, curriculum and classroom management
Lead curriculum daily with themes varying by week
Manage Counselors while in the PRO Tech classroom
Refine curriculum and add personal contributions as seen fit with guidance of the Camp Director
Work closely with Camp Director and other staff members to create fun camp games, songs, skits and activities - and participate in all
Assist in daily camper check in and check out procedures
Interact with parents in a professional and energetic manner
Help cultivate healthy self-esteem and a natural love for learning
Instill the EDMO Vibe of kindness, respect, honesty and FUN in all campers
Position reports to:
Bachelors Degree (or degree in progress) in a related field and/or relevant experience
Classroom teaching experience preferred but not required
A love for video games
Proficient with computers and general technology
Able to troubleshoot technical problems
Basic familiarity with Minecraft, Roblox, or coding in general
Be creative, patient, positive and willing to problem solve
Experience (and a love for!) working with kids
High sense of responsibility and dependability
Previous camp experience preferred but not required
Strong team player
Experience facilitating groups of children and/or working youth programs with proven classroom management is preferred
Experience playing Minecraft in a multiplayer server
Clear understanding of the core mechanics of Minecraft, such as:
Survival Mode vs. Creative Mode
How to use commands
What a "mod" is
The properties of tools and armor
How items are crafted
Basic understanding of Roblox, including controls, common game types, and basic use of Roblox Studio. Bonus:
Knowledge of the various design tools in Roblox Studio.
Experience with the Lua coding language
Experience with any kind of digital 3D modeling program.
Do not be discouraged if you only have experience/expertise in one subject area. We love teaching like-minded humans!
- $13 - $18 / Hour Based on Location and Experience + Overtime at 1.5 x hourly rate
- 7:45 am - 4:15 pm: Monday - Friday
- Additional Assigned Overtime until 6pm.
- This is a Full-Time Summer Position running 5 - 10 weeks from June - August depending on location. Please visit our website at campedmo.org to see specific dates for each location.
- Training: Staff training will take place the week prior to the start date of the assigned location as well as mandatory curriculum training TBD.
- Extended weeks and school year work are also available for qualified candidates. Ask for more info!
- Resumes are accepted on a rolling basis until positions are filled. The sooner you apply, the better your chances.
- Please attach your resume and cover letter in a PDF form to ensure compatibility.
- If you have worked for us in past summers, please use the alumni link emailed to you to submit your application for 2019.
We look forward to receiving your application! If you have questions about our job opportunities please contact Greg Nelson at 415.282.6673.
CAMP EDMO is powered by Edventure More, a year-round 501(c)(3) non-profit enrichment organization. 5% of summer camp proceeds and 100% of donations support camp scholarships and subsidized science, maker and technology programs in local schools.