Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated and talented infrastructure attorney to serve as Lead Counsel, Network Infrastructure for the North America region. This is a full-time position and will report to the Associate General Counsel, Network Infrastructure for the Americas, and work closely with Facebook’s Network Investments & Sourcing teams. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and work in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
Structure, draft and negotiate a broad range of agreements in support of Facebook’s expanding network infrastructure, including right-of-way/easement, franchise, fiber construction, real estate, IP transit, transport, colocation, and dark fiber IRU agreements
- Collaborate with other internal teams (e.g., Finance, Tax) and external counsel to structure appropriate commercial frameworks and support network initiatives
- Provide business and legal advice to develop effective relationships with key partners and vendors
- Handle administration and resolution of legal issues that arise in commercial relationships
J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least one U.S. state bar
- 5+ years of experience structuring, drafting and negotiating infrastructure and/or telecommunications agreements
- Drafting and negotiation experience along with business judgment and strategic thinking
- Experience managing numerous projects simultaneously
In-house experience in a carrier/telecom company