B.L. Garza Middle School
Open Until Filled
LENGTH OF WORK YEAR:
Responsible for all aspects of student grade reporting and the maintenance of all Academic Achievement Records (transcripts).
TEA certification requirements
High School Graduate or GED
Ability to type 45 words per minute (60 or more words per minute is preferred)
Knowledgeable in all areas of grade reporting, scheduling, attendance, and grade averaging
Needs to be self-motivated, self-confident, self-assured, a people person, ready to organize, prioritize and develop rules and deadlines accountable to the office
A thorough knowledge of modern business practices and procedures and of business English, Spelling and Commercial terminology
The ability to handle delegated administrative details
The ability to write clear and concise memoranda, directives, or letters without close supervision
The ability to carry out instructions and develop comprehensive plans with a minimum of supervision
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintain and house student cumulative folders grades 6 - 8.
- Verify credits on transferring students.
- Maintain Academic Achievement Records (transcripts).
- Maintain all aspects of grade reporting: report cards, student eligibility, distribution of reports, ranking, computerized and manual grades.
- Work closely with all departments, teachers, counselors, Assistant Principals, and Principal on matters of student schedules, grades, test scores and other matters related to student records.
- Keep informed and enforce local and state laws, rules and regulations, and explains applicable regulations and policies to appropriate persons.
- Maintain records in an efficient manner.
- Keep student data current.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner to avoid injury to oneself and/or to others.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Typewriter, computer, printer, copier, fax machine, calculator, telephone and shredder
- Maintain emotional control under stress, repetitive hand motions, prolonged use of computer
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Signature of Employee Date
The Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, disability, military status, or on any other basis prohibited by law.