Heartland Coca-Cola Bottling Company, LLC (“Heartland Coca-Cola”) produces, sells, and distributes the highest quality and best tasting Coca-Cola beverages across Kansas, Missouri, and Illinois. We proudly continue the 100+ year traditions of the Coca-Cola Company. We owe our continued success to our guiding principles of putting people first, serving our local communities, and providing great brands to our customers and consumers. These are also the principles we look for in potential new hires. This position is responsible for stocking and merchandising our many beverage products in retail accounts. Merchandisers ensure that all beverage sections, end caps, racks and displays are filled for consumers to purchase and enjoy. This role is responsible for rotating company product by date, both out in the market and in inventory. Product rotation is a critical and will be included in this role’s daily routine. The Merchandiser must be continually engaged with date codes and product rotation to ensure the best quality and freshness for our customers. Job Description:
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain and replenish products in store racks, shelves, displays, and coolers by transporting product between backroom/storage room to front-of-store with manual or powered equipment (pallet jack, hand-truck).
- Build, change or remove product displays while adhering to company standards; maintaining product signage; cleaning product space and securing damaged or defective product.
- Manage backroom by organizing stock (product); identifying, monitoring, and reporting inventory levels in partnership with the account manager of the store. Utilizing FIFO training to ensure timely sales of product.
- Evaluating and processing damaged product; re-packing product; organizing backroom materials (i.e., pallets, product shells etc.) and weekly rotation of front-stock and back-stock; completing any required paperwork.
- Maintaining professional relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Ensures that all beverage sections, end caps, racks and displays are filled with product; rotates product per company standards.
- Maintains professional relationship with all co-workers and customers in each account. Physical/Environmental Functions:
- Speaking: Constantly (investigates, negotiates, recommends, reports, etc.)
- Acute Vision: Constantly (observing both near and far, reading documents)
- Typing: Frequently using electronic devices for day-to-day business (email, reports, instant messaging, texting)
- Mobility: Frequent travel throughout customer locations (Walking in backrooms, aisles, greeting customers)
- Bending/Squatting: Frequently (looking in racks at all levels, ordering product, counting cases, checking dates)
- Lifting: Frequent- Lift 40 lbs. or less (full cases of product)
- Pushing/pulling: Frequent use of manual carts
- Travel: constant travel between Customer Locations
- Able to be certified on manual and powered pallet jacks (includes hand trucks)
- Able to be certified on high loader lift (where applicable)
- High School Diploma or GED preferred and minimum of 1-year work experience required.
- Must be 18 years of age and legally eligible to work.
- Must have a personal vehicle for use during working hours.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record; no major violations over the last three years.
- Maintain current vehicle liability insurance.
- Basic knowledge of computer systems.
- 1+ year experience working in grocery, retail, warehouse, manual labor or related field.
- Experience working with manual or powered pallet jacks and electrical forklifts; certification required.
- Prior experience working under little or no supervision preferred.
- Flexibility with work hours; able to work evenings, weekends and some holidays due to customer demand. Additional Information: