The Property Accountant works under general direction of an Accounting Manager with responsibilities for maintaining property records within accounting system database, ensuring new tenants, property disposition, amended leases, and renewals are maintained appropriately. This position will also be responsible for preparation of account reconciliation, as well as cross-training in daily cash deposits and applying cash receipts to the respective tenant accounts while working closely with asset management for property and tenant specific matters.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- ; Reviews lease contracts and enters data into the system (Acquisitions, Dispositions, Amendments, Renewals).
- ; Updates accounting software for new or amended leases, including property and tenant information.
- ; Prepares and enters recurring and non-recurring charges in MRI, the real estate property management and accounting software database.
- ; Enters tenant impound activity in the lease database.
- ; Cross-trains in cash application and related functions, including depositing checks received on-site.
- ; Reviews accounts receivable aging reports and records any necessary clean up adjustments.
- ; Performs other duties as needed and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Education and Experience:
- ; Some knowledge of real estate property management and accounting software database a plus (such as MRI).
- ; Proficient skills in Microsoft Excel (i.e., Pivot table, V-Lookup).
- ; Ability to research and resolve issues and propose solutions.
- ; Ability to multi-task and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- ; Ability to adapt to new processes and solutions.
- ; A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and 2 years of property accounting experience or real estate industry with lease review experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).