We are delighted to announce an exciting open position as a Laboratory Data Entry Clerk at the Columbia University Fertility Center, one of the preeminent fertility centers in the U.S.
The Lab Data Entry Clerk will be primarily responsible for assisting in the overall management of our SART data under the instruction of the Lab Data Manager. In addition, duties will include providing assistance with cryopreserved materials inventory, disposition, validation and billing. Ideal candidate should have experience with data entry.
This is a temporary 5-6 month full time position with the possibility of becoming permanent.
Responsibilities as follows:
- Enter patient demographics in various database systems. Make sure that all requisitions have been logged. Meet strict deadlines. Prepares/ maintains appropriate records and files. Assists with mailings and other large scale projects.
- Handles and routes incoming/outgoing documents. Review data for deficiencies; resolve discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents for resolution. Maintain data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures. Secure information by completing data base backups.
- Communicates with patient concerning cryopreservation disposition and transport. Completes disposition and transport documents, validates inventory- email/faxes to patient- follow up with patient. Contacts other infertility practice concerning transportation of cryopreserved materials. Coordinates with patient and the laboratory- transportation events.
- Assists in maintaining SART database, laboratory specific database and document control systems to satisfy regulatory requirements.
- Maintain operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes. Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year relevant experience required.
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel and Windows.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Data Entry: 1 year (Required)
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)