MULE Engineering & Construction, Inc. is looking for a Project Manager in the Central Georgia area.
Project Manager Position
The Project Manager is a key position in MULE Engineering & Construction and is responsible for managing multiple projects across a region. Inherent in this position is the role of Estimator. The position requires project management skills as well as proficient estimating skills to bid, win and execute projects and to estimate change orders for existing customers. Coordinates and monitors the scheduling, pricing, and technical performance of company projects. Tasked with developing projects with existing customers to support the organization's strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long term goals. Needs to have prior experience in both project management and team management. Negotiates and prepares contracts by considering the financial conditions, resources, and contractual requirements. Develops new business and expands product line. Ensures adherence to master plans and schedules, develops solutions to project problems, and directs work of incumbents assigned to project from various departments. Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget. Acts as advisor to program team regarding projects, tasks, and operations. Assists in preparing proposals to win new projects. Requires a bachelor's degree. Typically reports to a department head or the company president. Has a wide and comprehensive understanding of both general and specific aspects of the job. Is capable of working on complex problems and exceptions without direct supervision.
Duties: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, including but not limited to
- Organizing projects and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Developing and managing new project to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Working and maintaining a presence onsite at the project location as necessary.
- Creating and managing long-term goals.
- Developing a budget and operating plan for the project.
- Writing project funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services.
- Ability to work the hours required to support the role of Project Management.
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality and team member performance.
- Participates actively in company business development efforts to identify and track client and project pursuits.
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of project status throughout its life cycle.
- Analyzing project risks.
- Working on strategy with the marketing team.
Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILL and ABILITIES
- Proven experience in project management.
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Proven experience managing a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Be proficient and able to implement and train others on computer software programs used for preconstructon with particular emphasis on Excel bid management software or other software such as Sage 300 (formerly called Timberline) if utilized for accounting and estimating software.
- Possess strong mathematical and computer skills. Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Understanding of project management.
- Veterans will receive preference
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Building Construction, Building Science, or other equivalent construction program.
- Possess at least seven (7) years employed experience with a general contractor, with at least three (3) years of service dedicated to construction project management.
MULE Engineering and Construction is a General Contractor specializing in construction and renovation work for the federal government. As a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), MULE is dedicated to providing their customers with a quality product at a reasonable price. Customers include the U.S. Army, Army Corps of Engineers, GSA, Veterans Administration, U.S. Navy, Naval Facilities Command, U.S. Air Force and other Department of Defense Agencies and Defense Contractors.
Job Type: Full-time