RN Supervisor Nurse
The RN Supervisor, located at our corporate office in Troy, is responsible for the clinical performance of the AmeriStaff Nursing Services home health care team. This RN will carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
The RN Supervisor oversee the home health care services for our patients, as well as internal nursing decisions. You will be a main contributor to the overall organization, philosophy, and direction by directly managing Field Nurses (RNs and LPN’s), CNA’s, Home Health Aides, and their daily activities.
- Assumes responsibility for an assigned caseload of patients and developed, implements and updates comprehensive, goal focused, care plan for each patient.
- Provide clinical supervision of the field RN, LPN and HHA/CNA staff
- Work closely with outside case managers, doctors, family members and insurance adjusters
- Prepares and maintains clinical documentation according to Agency policies and acceptable nursing standards.Assess the reports from the Field RN staff (NON OASIS)
- Identify the need for other services within the patient’s insurance coverage (PT, OT, additional RN visits, more home health care cover, etc.)
- Provides instruction/guidelines to home health aides providing health and personal care services, including ongoing supervision and evaluation of the services delivered effectiveness of care.
- Work as a team with the other RN Supervisors with to preform in-services and staff training
- Conduct disciplinary actions with employees when warranted
- Shares the responsibility of on call duty for patients in emergency situations, including home visits as required.
- Makes planned home visits to the patient for assessment, instruction, supervision, and provision of nursing treatments according to the Plan of Care.
- Manage day-to-day operations when the Director of Nursing is not present
- Initiates and maintains continuous contact with the patient’s physician to report the patient’s response to home care, any changes in status, or possible need to additional services.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- 3 years of home health care experience, supervisory a plus
- Ability to train internal and external employees on new skills
- Excellent communication, documentation, supervisory, and management skills
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Valid Michigan RN License (required)
- Knowledge of acute care or rehabilitation
BENEFITS TO WORKING AT AMERISTAFF NURSING SERVICES
AmeriStaff Nursing Services has been named as one of the 2017 Detroit Free Press Top Workplaces in Michigan. This honor does not come easily and is a huge testament to the dedication we have to all of our employees. We have experienced incredible growth over the past two years, and that only comes from having the best people in the business working for us. Our home health care staff, overseen by an RN management team, continually displays the work ethic and drive to succeed that has kept us in business for more than 35 years. The work-life balance at AmeriStaff Nursing Services provides you with the opportunity to spend more time with your family, while giving you the opportunity to excel in the home health care industry.
Why you will love working here:
- Sign on Bonus
- Standard Work Week - Monday - Friday
- Excellent Health Insurance
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time-Off
- Be instrumental in the overall direction of the company
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $68,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- management: 2 years (Required)
- clinical nursing: 5 years (Required)
- home health care: 3 years (Preferred)
- Associates Degree in Nursing (Required)