ABB is seeking a Customer Support Technician II, The mission of the Customer Care Center is to provide quality support to all customers and to meet or exceed customer expectations.
The primary role of this position is to support an efficient and effective Service Desk. The Customer Support Technician will respond to automated customer alerts, customer emails, phone calls and Ticketing system issues and assist in the coordination efforts amongst the CCC team. This individual will have remote visibility and access to installed systems and conduct initial troubleshooting on alerts and reported incidents from customers. If unable to resolve, the Support Technician will escalate and assign incidents to Sr. Support Technicians.
Single point of contact for customers/”the voice of the customer” for all post-order transactions. Develop a knowledge of the customer, identify and predict customer needs.
Provide Acknowledgements, Requests for Information, Change Request documents. Assist the department manager in obtaining Purchase orders and created Service Request Orders. Coordinate communication to and from customer including product information, engineering, productions, quality, test, shipping, service warranty etc.
This position required SHIFT work. 24/7/365. No exceptions.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide quality customer support to customers in response to system alerts, customer phone calls, emails and the Salesforce Ticketing System.
- Troubleshoot system hardware, software and network incidents.
- Document ticketing system through open-ticket to resolution. Maintain communications with customer from first call through resolution.
- Monitor automated tracking and alert systems and input/update trouble ticketing system when appropriate.
- Timely escalation of high priority network/infrastructure problems and work with the entire support team and assigned engineers toward resolution.
- Maintain expert (Level 2) knowledge of products and/or services.
- Prepare reports and correspondence as needed.
- Alternate 24/7 on-call responsibilities on a rotational basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or manager.
- Attend weekly CCC staff meetings.
- Participate in support conference calls with customers on “as needed” basis.
- Provide basic in-house IT support to PSS employees.
- Assist in PSS installation projects for hands-on training.
- High School Diploma or GED and 5 years’ experience in Customer Support, Service Desk or technical support experience. OR
- Associates degree and 3 years’ experience in Customer Support, Service Desk or technical support experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1 years experience in Customer Support, Service Desk or technical support experience.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- 50+ wpm typing proficiency with accuracy.
- Network Diagnostics
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Proven experience in using trouble/incident ticketing system.
- 5-7 years of related Service Desk or technical support experience or a combination of college and work experience.
- Proficiency in Windows, Window Server, software distribution, back-up and disaster recovery.
- Intermediate to Expert knowledge of PC’s, servers, routers, and wireless.
- Expert level skills with access tools (VPN, VNC, Remote Desktop).
- Intermediate level XML and SQL skills; ability to write and perform medium to complex queries.
- Experience with traffic ground loops, IR sensors, radar and megapixel cameras, a plus.
- Working knowledge of ITIL framework and processes; ITIL Foundation v3 certified preferred.
- Current TWIC (Transportation Works Identification Credentials) or ability to secure after hire.
- Travel up to 25%
- Proficiency in Spanish and/or Portuguese a plus
- Valid US Passport
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Location San Diego, California, USA
Business Unit Business Unit Marine & Ports
Date posted 2018-08-15
Job Function Support Services
Publication ID US66220673_E1