VRCC CSR supervisor job description
Summary of Position:
The Supervisor is supervised by the Hospital Manager. His/her hours
will be flexible according to the needs of the Animal Hospital. They must be a
dependable, compassionate, self-motivated individual with a positive attitude and a
strong team spirit. They must apply good human relation skills, good animal
handling skills, must be an effective communicator, and must be self-motivated to
pursue continuing education. He/she must apply leadership skills, and skills
improvement appropriate for the area of responsibility, and must project a professional image.
Some requirements would include:
A dynamic and innovative individual with excellent communication and phone skills with the motivation for building a strong, cohesive team of client care specialists through collaboration with Leadership teams and other Leads within the hospital. A candidate with a strategic and creative mindset will excel in this position.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in client service
- Minimum 2 years supervising/managing/leading a team of a minimum of 5 employees
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in an administrative position for a medical-related field
- Experience working in a veterinary hospital or animal-related position preferred.
Candidates applying for this job will be working full time, but evening hours and weekends are expected.
Some daily tasks include: scheduling staff, dealing with client complaints and staff complaints, reviewing, training, and counseling staff, being a team-player and performing overall client care duties including, but not limited to, checking clients in, answering phones, checking clients out, scheduling appointments, and assisting clients with their concerns and questions.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent knowledge of client service and communication center operations.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong client relations and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate to expert computer skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Self-starter and team player.
- Strong client service background.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Responsible for the day-to-day client service areas of the front office and internally with departmental relations. This includes training, coaching, developing, mentoring and disciplinary action as appropriate.
- Direct on-the-job training to develop employee skill sets, communicate to employees of performance requirements with the standards of client service for the organization.
- Assist Leadership Team with day to day operations within the Front Desk.
- Resolve informal client complaints, maintain and report on these issues to the hospital administrator.
- Responsible for the efficient day-to-day running of the front office to include enforcement of policies, procedures and protocols.
- Identify and provide recommendations for potential problems, non-routine situations, work flow processes, and client service needs to the hospital administrator.
- Make decisions on behalf of the department utilizing good judgment, which demonstrates the best interest of the hospital and the clients.
- Coach employees and direct reports.
- Assist in the development and delivery of employee evaluations for the front desk with hospital human resource manager.
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of reporting tools and queries needed to manage the business.
- Handle communication of financial information to clients and doctors.
- Act as a liaison between front office and other department leads and Leadership Team.
- Handle Daily Checklists & Financial Closeouts.
We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive healthcare benefits plans including dental, vision, healthcare, long term & short term disability, PTO, 401(k), uniforms, generous personal pet care discounts and a great team to work with.
Job Type: Full-time
- Veterinary: 1 year
- Customer Service: 3 years
- front end supervisor: 2 years
- High school or equivalent