The Sr. IT Financial Controls Analyst is critical to Ally management's annual assessment of internal controls over financial reporting, specifically as it relates to the evaluation of IT general computer controls, as required to demonstrate compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) standards and to support other financial control processes within the Financial Controls function. The individual will support the IT Financial Controls Manager in understanding the risks within various processes and business cycles throughout the organization that are relevant to financial reporting and assessing the related controls. The role will also support other monitoring and oversight functions that Financial Controls performs to ensure established controls are being performed effectively. This role is ideal for a candidate with a public accounting and/or audit experience and who is actively seeking professional growth and experience with a large and dynamic organization. This role allows an individual the opportunity to interact with a number of individuals and functions at various levels across the organization. The role provides an individual the opportunity to develop the skills needed to succeed in different organizations within Ally.
- Coordinate and lead the performance of process and control walkthroughs
- Lead the review and evaluation of existing and proposed IT general computer controls supporting financial reporting (Sarbanes-Oxley/SOX controls)
- Monitor the status of and execute controls testing to ensure completion within predefined deadlines
- Work with management to provide insight into potential risks and process improvements to support qualitative/quantitative improvements in control operations to eliminate deficiencies/improve processes/controls
- Monitor the status of identified issues and remediation efforts to ensure timely closure of findings
- Provide coaching and guidance to other team members/contractors including the review of workpapers, as needed
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors, as needed
- Special projects, as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Information Technology, or related field is required
- CPA or CISA Certification or equivalent is preferred
- 4 years + relevant experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal control concepts and auditing standards (Sarbanes-Oxley experience preferred)
- Demonstrated experience reviewing work of others is a plus
- Demonstrated experience with audit industry documentation standards (e.g., preparation of workpapers, flowcharting, narratives, walkthroughs, and control testing)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate across business levels (both vertically and horizontally)
- Ability to apply effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with multiple internal business partners
- Flexible and able to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Detail-oriented, energetic, motivated, and action-oriented
- Previous Banking or Financial Service industries experience is a plus
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE:
ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Finance strives to be a trusted adviser to the enterprise and prides itself on maintaining the highest level of integrity and accountability. Finance is responsible for finance reporting, financial analysis, accounting, strategy and planning, tax and investor relations.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled