Each year, institutional investors such as mutual funds and pension funds vote on key governance issues at their portfolio companies. These include the election of directors, ratification of auditors, and votes on executive compensation plans, mergers, and financings with a focus on environmental and social issues. For over 30 years, Institutional Shareholder Services (ISS) has been the leading provider of governance research to institutional investors, helping them assess governance risk in their portfolios and cast informed votes on these issues.
Our U.S. Research team seeks to hire an analyst in Rockville, MD during the spring annual meeting season,starting in February 2019 for a term ending in June 2019 (there could be some fluctuation in start and end dates).
- Perform research and complete proxy analyses for shareholder meetings of publicly traded companies.
- Read and understand SEC filings (10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, DEF 14As) and other company disclosures and distill financial, industry, and corporate governance information to draft analyses and issue proxy vote recommendations based on ISS' policy guidelines (available at issgovernance.com/policy).
- Develop understanding of governance issues, in particular those dealing with mergers, acquisitions, and equity or debt financings.
- Answer internal and external queries on research analyses, and discuss policies and vote recommendations.
- Strong analytical abilities
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, a self-driven work ethic, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work within a team-oriented environment and communicate with various internal parties.
- Familiarity with SEC filings.
- Bachelor's degree or higher, plus relevant work experience preferred in finance, accounting, economics, governance, or law.
We value quality, teamwork, and especially timely product delivery. If you enjoy a high-energy, friendly and fun work environment, this is the place.
Job Type: Temporary
- Research: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)