Avitas Systems is looking for a Vice President, Advanced Data Analytics and Machine Learning. The leader would be an engineering manager, with proven technology commercialization, customer engagement, and technical personnel management experience. You will lead a group of Scientists and Engineers in the fields of Advanced Data Analysis, Machine Learning, and Machine Vision.
The group is critical for the success of Avitas as it develops industrial AI-based solution for optimization of inspection and maintenance processes across several verticals using Advanced Analytics and Machine Learning techniques applied on data streams collected using sensors and autonomous robotic systems.
You will be responsible for all aspects of analytics and machine learning operations and will also have advanced subject matter expertise to help the team with key design and roadmap feature decisions. You will also work very closely with Product Management, Engineering Resources, and Executive Management to execute on the overall product rollout strategy.
- Provide key technical and management leadership to the group
- Provide technical expertise on key design, architectural and roadmap decisions
- Collaborate with GE Global Research Team and external partners to execute on the overall business strategy by clearly articulating the deliverables, timelines, and budget
- Ph.D. with specialization in one of the following: Advanced Data Analysis, Statistical Modeling, Machine Vision, or Machine Learning
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience, including at least 5 years as Engineering-Manager in an Industrial setting
Desired Characteristics:Desired Characteristics:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
- Experience in a startup environment is desired
- Proven track record of developing hi-tech innovative products embedding Advanced Data Analysis and Deep Learning technologies
- Proven experience in supervising and leading large teams of scientists and engineers to bring new innovative products and services to the marketplace
- Proven experience in doing hand-on engineering or technical work in the above desired fields
- Proven experience in growing a group by attracting and hiring tier-1 scientific and engineering talent
Avitas Systems is a wholly owned subsidiary of GE, the world’s Digital Industrial Company. At GE and Avitas Systems we are transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Avitas Systems delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of digital industrial.
Avitas Systems offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. Avitas Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
United States; California, Massachusetts, Texas; Houston. San Ramon, Boston
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.