Recruitment Number VA1028
Posting Period 10/10/18 – 10/24/18
On Campus Only No
Working Title BUSINESS ANALYST (Administrative Analyst/Specialist)
Class Title ADMINISTRATIVE ANALYST/SPECIALIST -12 MONTH
Salary Range (From $ to $) $3,288 - $6,162 per month (New employees should anticipate being hired at the beginning of the salary range)
Department FMS Administration Support
Number of Positions 1
FLSA Code Non-Exempt
Status Regular: Permanent (after one-year probationary period)
Pay Plan 12/12 month
CBU/MOU R09 - CSUEU Technical & Support Services
Quick Link http://jobs.csuchico.edu/postings/5106
Hours Per Day 8 hours during the school year / 10 hours during the summer
Days Per Week 5 days during the school year / 4 days during the summer
Primary Duties Working independently, under general supervision of the Manager of Administrative Services, the Business Analyst performs a wide range of general and specialized administrative duties in support of Facilities Management and Services’ (FMS) administrative operations. Incumbent will analyze budgets and related transactions for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with required procedures and regulations, and coordinate and/or prepare financial reports. Additionally, incumbent will analyze operating processes, specific to cost recovery, accounts receivable/payable, procurement, utility and energy use, and assist management by recommending process improvements or modifications. Incumbent serves as the department’s subject matter expert (SME) for the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) and assists with day-to-day administration of the unit’s business operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Incumbent must possess:
• Working knowledge of:
• General practices, program, and/or administrative specialty.
• Budget policies and procedures.
• Basic knowledge of methods and procedures for research and statistical analysis and the ability to apply them.
Incumbent must possess:
• Demonstrated skill with planning and prioritizing tasks.
• Analytical skills, to identify underlying reasons or facts and summarize information or data into appropriate parts.
• Problem solving skills to evaluate alternatives and recommend effective solutions.
• Communication skills to understand, interpret and communicate procedures, polices, information and instructions, orally and in writing, as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Effective interpersonal skills as work often involves front-line contacts with a variety of campus and community individuals.
Incumbent must have the ability to:
• Learn, interpret, follow, and apply a wide variety standard of policies and procedures relating to and impacting the applicable program, organizational unit, and/or administrative specialty.
• Analyze data and make accurate projections using business mathematics and basic statistical techniques.
• Organize and plan work and projects including handling multiple priorities.
• Make independent decisions and exercise sound judgment.
• Compile, write, and present reports.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the work group and serve as a liaison for the organizational unit.
• Perform assigned duties.
Required Education and/or Experience
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above would normally be obtained through a bachelor’s degree and/or full-time equivalent training and one year of full time administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices or programs.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following as they may be considered specialized skills:
• A bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• Experience working in a financial environment for 2+ years.
• Advanced Excel skills including ability to analyze large data sets, preferably using filters, pivots, or similar database tools.
• Recent, relevant work experience in the building maintenance, building repair/construction, or related industry.
• Demonstrated experience using computerized maintenance management systems.
• Demonstrated experience using computerized financial software.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position. This is considered a sensitive position. Current CSU, Chico employees are subject to a background check (including a criminal record check) if voluntarily moving into a sensitive position, regardless of any background checks previously conducted. Incumbent is responsible for the safety and security of Level 1 data, sometimes also referred to as Level 1 protected data. This is confidential information that is in most cases protected by statutes, regulations, or other legal mandates.
Incumbent/applicant will need to be able to perform the essential job functions (duties) of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. This position alternates between remaining in a stationary position operating a personal computer for long periods of time and frequently moving about inside the office. Must be able to travel across campus to other offices and buildings on campus for meetings and events.
Work is performed in a typical office environment operating standard office equipment. May require flexible work schedule, to complete projects or events. This position frequently attends meetings and works with administrators, staff, faculty, students and the public.
This position qualifies for benefits including tuition fee waiver (if eligible).
CSU, Chico offers a number of benefits to its employees (e.g., sick leave, vacation, health insurance). Eligibility for standard CSU benefits is based on an appointment of half-time or more for a period exceeding six months. Employees appointed less than half-time or less than six months are not eligible for standard CSU benefits but do receive prorated sick leave and vacation.
Eligibility for Affordable Care Act (ACA) benefits is based on an appointment of at least three-quarter time, hired to work a minimum of 130 hours per month over the course of the appointment or works an average of 130 hours or more per month during the measurement period. The ACA guidelines provide for health coverage or FlexCash only. ACA does not provide dental or vision plan coverage.
About the University and Community
Detailed information is available at http://www.csuchico.edu/pa/chico-facts.shtml. As a university that educates students of various ethnic and cultural backgrounds, we value a diverse faculty and staff. CSU, Chico welcomes applicants who are knowledgeable about and interested in working within a cross-cultural learning environment. We also welcome those who share a passion and commitment to the University’s 6th Strategic Priority that focuses on sustainability, stewardship, and the environment – see http://www.csuchico.edu/sustainability/index.shtml.
California State University, Chico is committed to achieving excellence through diversity in the classroom and the workplace. It strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students, faculty, and staff.
The university is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status.
Open Date (posting open date) 10/10/2018
Close Date (posting close date) 10/24/2018
Open Until Filled No