Full Job Description
JOB TITLE: ITSM Service Desk – Trainee (P/T)
Work and maintain an ISO 20000 ITSM (Information Technology Service Management) certified environment. Our environment uses an automated ticketing system for ITSM management. Provide support for tickets (tasks) assigned to the Service Desk for resolution. The ticket task can range from resource requests, software tool issues, and assorted back office support tasks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong Microsoft Office skills and basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to develop solutions for common software tools and computer hardware.
- Ability to document and create standard procedures.
- Administration/Support/Monitoring Pearson VUE testing.
- Some college preferred or prior customer service experience.
- Individual will be provided training at work and on individual's own time. Training will be focused on individual obtaining and maintaining CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, ITIL Foundations certifications.
- Position may require U.S. Government clearance in the future.
- Any certifications from CompTia, Microsoft, ITIL, or Cisco would be helpful.
- AWS (or other cloud administration services) certifications.
- Individual must reside in a HUBZone. Local HUBZones include all of Page County, VA and part of Harrisonburg, VA.
Bluemont Technology and Research Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free /Smoke-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
Bluemont Technology & Research, Inc. offers a premium benefits package. Our culture is based on treating people like you would treat yourself. The company is focused on research, challenging applications of cutting edge technologies, and data intensive applications.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Bluemont Technology & Research, Inc. must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
www.dhs.gov/E-Verify E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.