Major international container leasing company is seeking a Logistics Manager or Assistant Manager who can plan, organize and supervise the logistics activities of the Company’s equipment, including but not limited to movements of used / retired / new-built intermodal containers within Americas and across regions. Manage a team of logistics professionals to achieve the Company’s logistics objectives in line with the Company’s policies & business plans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team in the region to execute the logistics instructions, achieve departmental objectives & targets as set out by the Headquarters.
- Expand & maintain a service vendor base including intermodal service providers, domestic haulage companies, railway / barge / liner operators, container movers and users, etc.
- According to the Company’s needs, develop strategic plans to move containers around, in cost-effective & efficient manners, including both empty & loaded container moves.
- Explore opportunities, establish contracts, negotiate rates & terms for container move activities.
- Work closely with internal and external counterparts to execute / oversee all container move activities from door to door, within the region as well as across regions.
- Organize empty container export arrangements and handle customs formalities (for SOC shipments) if needed.
- Prepare regular & incidental reports for Headquarters and supervisors.
- Provide market intelligence, industrial insights, customers / suppliers / competitors’ updates to Headquarters & the Management.
- Carry out other tasks as set out by the Headquarters & the Management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or above in relevant fields is preferred
- 10 years or above work experience in the container business
- Good knowledge and network in America’s intermodal industry
- Familiar with the container demand situation in America; container trading experience is highly valued
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Aggressive work attitude to complete missions and achieve goals
- Capable to adapt to a fast-paced and fast-changing work environment
- An organized & detail-minded team player
- Good MS offices & computer skills
- English Speaking. Chinese / Spanish is an asset
Job Type: Full-time
- cargo container leasing, depots and logistics management: 1 year (Required)