Pomeroy is looking for a part-time IT Service Support Analyst for our client in San Antonio, TX. Hours must be during the day between 7AM to 7PM.
Provides IT Infrastructure support (solving second level Incident, Problem and Request management), maintenance (Change, Asset Management and Patching) and support project execution, partnering with the Global IT team and external service providers, utilizing tools and following IT Standards and Procedures.
- Supports Incident and Request management submitted through the incident management system per SLA's.
- Supports procurement, installation, configuration and support end user devices like Laptops, Desktops, Workstations and mobile devices through staging or manual deployment of standard software (XP, MS Office, Lotus Notes, SAP Client, VPN Software, Antivirus, Engineering and other Client Side software) or apps, PBX and Phone systems.
- Supports Enterprise IT teams in additional troubleshoots and maintains Server, Network (WAN & LAN), Monitoring UPS and Switches, Backup Environment and external vendor.
- Reports issues through service desk tools and follows-up through enterprise team and or vendors for critical and high issues tracking and escalating until closure.
- Supports the on-site Computer Room, Racks, cabling and Data room maintenance tasks.
- Manages and maintains Asset Register through tools and conduct random physical audit.
- Maintains and loads backup tapes per backup policy and direction from Global Data Preservation team and support restoration of data per requests.
- Covers all critical equipment through Annual maintenance contract, reports issues with services providers and escalates per vendor SLA's.
- Follows Change Management processes and Critical Communication Process during outages and changes.
- Actively participates in Local and Regional areas to understand business requirements, team progress, and work on action plans per committed timelines.
- Supports in providing all infrastructure cost for preparation and tracks spending monthly within the financial limits.
- Participates in Reporting, Continuous Improvement and exercise deep problem solving to avoid repeat issues.
- Provides basic training new IT Users on IT Process and IT Systems usage.
- Supports Entitlement processes for end users access request.
- Executes patching plan for site(s) equipment’s and execution the plan.
- Participates and supports audit activities based on Internal Audit requirements.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science.
- Minimum 2 years’ of experience working in an IT operations / service organization within a complex IT Infrastructure environment providing support on-site and remotely
- ITIL, Microsoft Certified Desktop Service Technician (MCDST), HP Desktop / Printer preferred.
- Excellent knowledge on Installation, Configuration, Patching and troubleshooting of Windows 7, MS Office, IBM Lotus Notes, Symantec Antivirus, PcAnywhere, SAP Client and other Client side Software installation, Polycon Audio / Video Conference, HP Hardware (Desktop, Laptop, Printers), handheld scanners, bar-code printers and plotters.
- Ability to work with limited Supervision.
- Excellent Service Desk process knowledge and good understanding of service level objectives. Ability to learn quickly and willingness to adapt to changes.
- Customer-focused, active listening, and empathy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Ability to communicate in other languages relevant for the region is a plus.
- Ability to interface and influence at multiple organizational levels and initiate escalation appropriately.
- Excellent relationship building and networking skills and ability to translate technical concepts into nontechnical terms.
- Organized and able to function successfully in a team environment.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- IT Operations support: 2 years (Required)
- San Antonio, TX (Required)