Now Hiring: Director of Wellness!
A favorite fixture in Boulder since 1960, Frasier is an independent, non-profit (501(c)(3), mission driven, CARF accredited continuing care retirement community. We are growing and it isn’t just new (and greener) buildings! We are growing our programs and offerings both inside and outside our campus, implementing innovative methods to create community, and building on our culture of excellence.
The Director of Wellness is responsible for the leadership of the Wellness Center and for the promotion of a facility-wide wellness philosophy across the continuum of care and in the greater Boulder Community. Critical to this position is a commitment to and knowledge of elder wellness and access to resources in order to build an effective wellness program. The person in this role oversees daily operations and management of the Wellness Center and is responsible for the development, planning, coordination, direction and evaluation of the wellness program to ensure client satisfaction.
We have a state-of-the-art wellness center, functional fitness studio, therapy pool and a lap pool, as well as smaller Satellite Wellness centers located throughout our campus to serve our 450 residents.
Here's what you’ll do:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serve in a leadership capacity with senior management in facilitating the understanding and application of the mission and values into organizational decisions, activities, and strategic planning.
- Develop, under the guidance of the VP of Operations, a strategic plan for Frasier meadows Wellness Program and community outreach philosophy and programs.
- Develop, oversee, and effectively manage the operating program budget in alignment with strategic plan.
- Oversee daily operations of the Wellness Center, including, but not limited to, departmental goals, programs and equipment.
- Facilitate the development, assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the Wellness program that address the Six Dimensions of Wellness (physical, intellectual, social, spiritual, emotional and vocational). This includes programs for varying levels of skill sets and cognitive ability.
- Collaborate interdepartmentally to establish a continuum of health and wellness philosophy and programming, including employee wellness
- Responsible for team hiring, training, staff development, performance evaluations, and cohesive team development
- Design and teach individual and group exercise classes.
- Oversee clients during supervised exercise hours, providing safe and effective exercise instruction.
- Train independent clients on equipment and programs.
- Maintain specialty certifications that benefit the philosophy and operations of the program.
- In conjunction with marketing and administration, assist to create marketing strategies for the Wellness Center
- Responsible for contracts and/or rental arrangements with other service providers/independent contractors who partner with the facility
- Is a staff liaison to the Wellness Advisory Committee
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in adult fitness and wellness, gerontology, kinesiology, exercise physiology or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience in creating and managing health and wellness programs for adults 65 and older and specific hands-on experience working with older adults and fitness for at least 2 years preferred, and fitness and group exercise certifications preferred.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of the aging process and the six dimensions of wellness from a whole person perspective
- Must have ability to effectively plan, organize, coordinate and budget
- Must have ability to relate well with others, lead and develop an effective team
- Must have the ability to teach individual and group exercise classes on land and in water.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, ability to communicate effectively and warmly with staff, residents, patients, and family members.
- Computer proficient and advanced knowledge and competency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must successfully pass organization required background screening
- Must successfully complete organization health screening requirements
Compensation and Benefits
- Pay Range: 67K to 77K per year
Frasier offers a comprehensive benefits package to all employees working at least 32 hours per week.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer paid life insurance, employer paid disability
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 401K with company match
- Free membership to Frasier's wellness center
- YMCA memberships for a low fee of $10.00/month
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending
Eligibility is the first day of the month following first day of employment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER | EQUAL HOUSING OPPORTUNITY | DRUG FREE
Background, flu and COVID vaccination, and drug screening are conditions of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $67,000.00 - $77,000.00 per year